Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music file organisation
Hi guys, some great replies so thank you. I am not ignoring you just a lot on right now......a lot of things for me to look at.

On the artwork subject, when I play the track on my PC it plays the track through something called groove music which I presume is a Windows app, and the artwork is displayed with no issues.

The software is great for separating the albums that were incorrectly grouped together,and I will keep doing this for until all files are correct, but yes so far I have 3 album covers missing, and I have followed the guidelines exactly.
I will email their support to see if they can help, and again many thanks for all the suggestions
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(04-Dec-2016, 13:34)Womaz Wrote: Hi guys, some great replies so thank you. I am not ignoring you just a lot on right now......a lot of things for me to look at.

On the artwork subject, when I play the track on my PC it plays the track through something called groove music which I presume is a Windows app, and the artwork is displayed with no issues.

The software is great for separating the albums that were incorrectly grouped together,and I will keep doing this for until all files are correct, but yes so far I have 3 album covers missing, and I have followed the guidelines exactly.
I will email their support to see if they can help, and again many thanks for all the suggestions

Groove is a windows app for playing music, so if the albums are shown correctly there, then there must a problem with the streamer app.
(04-Dec-2016, 03:37)Axel Wrote:
(02-Dec-2016, 22:14)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: To bypass this problem, is have decided to also write next to the album the company and the barcode and then the year . For example,

Pink Floyd - The wall [warner music - 1234567] (2007)

This way I can track the different versions of the same album.

I like to put the date of release before the album title. This way, the albums are listed in chronological order, which I find useful.

either way will do, what ever suits everybody is fine. However, there is no need to do something like this if you have limited free time available, since MUSIChi does all the kinds of sorting you need and you can also open the album directory you are interested directly.
(04-Dec-2016, 13:41)Fragoulisnaval Wrote:
(04-Dec-2016, 13:34)Womaz Wrote: Hi guys, some great replies so thank you. I am not ignoring you just a lot on right now......a lot of things for me to look at.

Groove is a windows app for playing music, so if the albums are shown correctly there, then there must a problem with the streamer app.

Is this correct? Does this def mean its the streamer app?
Kinsky and Lumin app both do not have the cover art.......on the plus side my music is now sorted much better. Thanks
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(04-Dec-2016, 15:15)Womaz Wrote:
(04-Dec-2016, 13:41)Fragoulisnaval Wrote:

Is this correct? Does this def mean its the streamer app?
Kinsky and Lumin app both do not have the cover art.......on the plus side my music is now sorted much better. Thanks

to me it looks like the streamer app. others that have more experience in this field may help us here...
(04-Dec-2016, 15:15)Womaz Wrote: Is this correct? Does this def mean its the streamer app?

We can agree that the Windows software and Lumin/Kinsky apps are handling the same tag data differently.

It is not obvious, to me, whether Groove Music is also a music server.  I suspect it is, in which case it could be the difference between it and the Twonky music server I assume is running on the Melco.

In very simple terms, the Music server accesses the tag data and folder structure of your music directory and presents the data to the music renderer/player.

A quick search of the internet has similar queries to yours but rarely is the answer, add the album art to the track.  A common issue is that the Music server needs to rescan the Music library after changes have been made to that library or even that a track/file change has not changed the modified date of that track/file and the Music server ignores the changes.
Also, I cannot remember, but it may also be necessary to reload the library cache of the Lumin/Kinsky app after changes.

If you are so inclined, PM me and attach an example track, preferably a small file size, and I'll investigate further.
(04-Dec-2016, 20:36)alandbush Wrote:
(04-Dec-2016, 15:15)Womaz Wrote: Is this correct? Does this def mean its the streamer app?

We can agree that the Windows software and Lumin/Kinsky apps are handling the same tag data differently.

It is not obvious, to me, whether Groove Music is also a music server.  I suspect it is, in which case it could be the difference between it and the Twonky music server I assume is running on the Melco.

In very simple terms, the Music server accesses the tag data and folder structure of your music directory and presents the data to the music renderer/player.

A quick search of the internet has similar queries to yours but rarely is the answer, add the album art to the track.  A common issue is that the Music server needs to rescan the Music library after changes have been made to that library or even that a track/file change has not changed the modified date of that track/file and the Music server ignores the changes.
Also, I cannot remember, but it may also be necessary to reload the library cache of the Lumin/Kinsky app after changes.

If you are so inclined, PM me and attach an example track, preferably a small file size, and I'll investigate further.

Thanks for the post. I have tried all of the above ie Rescan the library on both the Melco and the Lumin app.
I dont think it is a problem with the app as I have now also downloaded the Arcam app and all three apps now have the same three albums with no artwork. So even for a novice like me it has to be the metadata.

I have over 2000 albums now so 3 i guess is not bad.....and I am starting to think that I cant solve this
Does anyone manage to have all of their artwork correct?
The software I bought has helped me tremendously with tidying up my files.......but not with the artwork.

What I am really asking is : should I just let this go" ;-)
(05-Dec-2016, 16:42)Womaz Wrote: Does anyone manage to have all of their artwork correct?
The software I bought has helped me tremendously with tidying up my files.......but not with the artwork.

What I am really asking is : should I just let this go" ;-)

Judging by an earlier comment, I suspect you would not be happy to let this go.  Angel
However, I think we have exhausted most of the obvious solutions/work arounds.

I am still willing to take a look at one of the problem files/tracks and experiment with it if you like.
I would take you up on your offer but I am unable to find the link to email or PM you on your profile page.