Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Integration DEQX & 400
Hey guys

I've been trialling a 250 and about to take the plunge and order a 400 my only issue is I'm trying to work out what the best way is to integrate my deqx premate for speaker and room correction into the system???

On my current system I am running my pre out into the Deqx and Deqx out balanced into my amps, I know it might sound like a stupid question but if anyone has tried it or has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
You need to keep the DEQX in the digital domain.
Use digital into the devialet after source and DEQX , IE digital music to DEQX (via CDP coax , streamer, laptop)
to DEQX to digital input of the Dvla
Or , if you can , use the dvla in a loopback mode , Ie insert a digital device tween its digital out and digital in.. not sure if it can be configured that way.
either way , you want the devialet as the last device and only using DEQX in digital only mode.
I'm not sure I would buy a Dvla if I had the DEQX , as it replicates a lot of functions of the DVLA
I will be using a dirac or Acourate unit from MiniDSP prior to my dvla (havent got it yet - end oct when my giya G1 speakers arrive) for speaker corretion , Im getting a demo D premier without SAM..I recon I can do SAM and more externally...
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(18-Oct-2014, 08:10)Rodney Gold Wrote: You need to keep the DEQX in the digital domain.
Use digital into the devialet after source and DEQX , IE digital music to DEQX (via CDP coax , streamer, laptop)
to DEQX to digital input of the Dvla
Or , if you can , use the dvla in a loopback mode , Ie insert a digital device tween its digital out and digital in.. not sure if it can be configured that way.
either way , you want the devialet as the last device and only using DEQX in digital only mode.
I'm not sure I would buy a Dvla if I had the DEQX , as it replicates a lot of functions of the DVLA
I will be using a dirac or Acourate unit from MiniDSP prior to my dvla (havent got it yet - end oct when my giya G1 speakers arrive) for speaker corretion , Im getting a demo D premier without SAM..I recon I can do SAM and more externally...

Thanks for your feedback Rodney appreciated, what about my Turntable?
I found out today that evidently you *can* loop the DEQX via digital out to input , so in essence you have the DEQX in a "tape loop", maybe other members will confirm?
Your TT goes directly to Devialet
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(18-Oct-2014, 21:05)Rodney Gold Wrote: I found out today that evidently you *can* loop the DEQX via digital out to input , so in essence you have the DEQX in a "tape loop", maybe other members will confirm?

Hey there, in that case my room correction and speaker correction will not be applied, I doubt my kharma speakers will ever get SAM

Also be interested to here how I could loop back into the dev?
(18-Oct-2014, 21:05)Rodney Gold Wrote: I found out today that evidently you *can* loop the DEQX via digital out to input , so in essence you have the DEQX in a "tape loop", maybe other members will confirm?

Rodney, sounds interesting though I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Which of the Dev's inputs/outputs would you use to create the digital "tape loop"?
Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
I dunno , i would also like to find out as I would like to have the ability of using my miniDSP Acourate or Dirac room correction in one of those loops...
(20-Oct-2014, 00:09)Rodney Gold Wrote: I dunno , i would also like to find out as I would like to have the ability of using my miniDSP Acourate or Dirac room correction in one of those loops...

i would surmise that would be using the configurator to:

- analgoure pre out or coax out to miniDSP
- miniDSP to coax in on Devialet

not tried it myself but can't see why it won't work
(20-Oct-2014, 05:14)colonel66 Wrote:
(20-Oct-2014, 00:09)Rodney Gold Wrote: I dunno , i would also like to find out as I would like to have the ability of using my miniDSP Acourate or Dirac room correction in one of those loops...

i would surmise that would be using the configurator to:

- analgoure pre out or coax out to miniDSP
- miniDSP to coax in on Devialet

not tried it myself but can't see why it won't work

Hey 66
Forgive me ignorance here but under the configurator I can't actually see an option for digital out? Do you mind given abit more info on how you think connection can be made?
There's the USB out. Not sure if that would help.

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London