Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tower speakers from Devialet
Just wondered by myself now that Devialet has also mastered the craftmanship of creating nearly audiophyle active speakers can we await also e.g. a 'tower' format speaker from Devialet just like Lynn produces their own? Would be nice if also as beautiful as an expert enclosure. Although a chrome plated speaker is not beautiful but you know what I mean ;-)
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
That would be great, but I would bet on more "lifestyle" products sooner than audiophile products. Big speakers are "old school" and I think it more likely that Devialet will create smaller and more portable products first, or maybe a hipster turntable. Graphene is extremely expensive and works well with magnetic levitation so might be an ingredient in a Devialet turntable. I would vote for large active full-range speakers though, so I'm with you if Devialet is listening.
I was actually hoping the 'teaser' thread would turn out to be a Devialet sub; the Phantom basically has it's own sub-capable woofers, so doing a dedicated sub, based on the Phantom would/ should be relatively easy. Plus, they could do some cool crossover or connection system that ties into the configurator. That would give Devialet owners some excellent control of the sub integration.... at least thats how I imagine it.

Not that they couldn't do full range towers, but they have the Phantoms already, which are full range. I too think they would concentrate on small, space-efficient products. Perhaps they will partner further with Atohm for a plus-size Ensemble.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada