Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Fondamenta Label
(28-Nov-2016, 14:48)mobaer Wrote: Is there any reason, why they are not available?

http://www.fondamenta-music.com/download...ooklet.pdf
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(27-Nov-2016, 22:45)Phoenix Wrote: You can easily compare the Brahms by Supraphon or the Elgar by Testament. While, please, feel free to compare 2 24-bit files, once already released, the second comes from us, when we were testing the Phoenix Mastering process... Dean Martin's Volare.
Enjoy!
www.fondamenta-music.com/download/Volare.zip

The Pheonix version of Dean Martin's Volare does sound very good I have to say.  However, I am not so sure about the comparison offered here.  The 'other' version does sound pretty poor, in fact I have just spent about 5 minutes on Spotify and it was easy to find a couple of other versions that sounded vastly better than the 'original' version provided for comparison here, so it's almost like the original is deliberately selected for it's poor quality.  Perhaps I'm missing the point a bit, but this looks like salesmanship to me.  To be clear, this is just a bit of a moan at the comparison offered here, as I said the Phoenix version does sound good, I just think a more meaningful comparison should have been provided.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Thanks a lot, AaronG!
Does anybody know, if the booklets of the other fondamenta albums can be downloaded, too?
Mac Mini - HQPlayer 4 - USB - D1000 - Gauder Akustik Cassiano
Isolated cables made from conductive material
(28-Nov-2016, 15:43)Confused Wrote: [ However, I am not so sure about the comparison offered here. 

I thought that this was the actual file that was remastered. If so then this comparison holds independent of other files.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(28-Nov-2016, 15:43)Confused Wrote:
(27-Nov-2016, 22:45)Phoenix Wrote: You can easily compare the Brahms by Supraphon or the Elgar by Testament. While, please, feel free to compare 2 24-bit files, once already released, the second comes from us, when we were testing the Phoenix Mastering process... Dean Martin's Volare.
Enjoy!
www.fondamenta-music.com/download/Volare.zip

The Pheonix version of Dean Martin's Volare does sound very good I have to say.  However, I am not so sure about the comparison offered here.  The 'other' version does sound pretty poor, in fact I have just spent about 5 minutes on Spotify and it was easy to find a couple of other versions that sounded vastly better than the 'original' version provided for comparison here, so it's almost like the original is deliberately selected for it's poor quality.  Perhaps I'm missing the point a bit, but this looks like salesmanship to me.  To be clear, this is just a bit of a moan at the comparison offered here, as I said the Phoenix version does sound good, I just think a more meaningful comparison should have been provided.

So do I. As easy as this:

'Perhaps, Phoenix, you are allowed to give us a 30s teaser of one track of the original source of the Navarra recordings [Image: rolleyes.gif] ? That would be very kind (and of good promotion) [Image: biggrin.gif] . '

But to give Phoenix some credits, he said that the 1st is actually the 'original source'. For me that's the Master Tape EVERY other copy/remaster is made of. So the several other copies you found were somehow remastered. One has to find the best of these several remaster versions to compare to the Phoenix Remaster. Then one would get a picture of the claimed 'big leap' of Phoenix Remastering compared to the best available until now (if there is...but I can imagine there is).

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
I didn't write that. You didn't understand me: how do you want to hear the original source in 24bit when the tape was recorded in the 50's?!? The 1st one is not the original source, it's "remastered" of course! Some of you won't be convinced, despite everything we can provide...  Rolleyes
The Lost Recordings & Fondamenta Music Labels
Devialet 1000 Pro, Focal Stella, Riffaud Saturn Turntable, Lyra Atlas, Ortofon Synergy, Miyajima Zero, Whest Audio Reference V Phono Preamp, Absolue Creations Tim-Reference Cables, 
Devialet 220, Focal Diablo Evo, Absolue Creations Ul-tim cables
Phantom Gold + White tree
Phantom Reactor 900
(28-Nov-2016, 15:28)AaronG Wrote:
(28-Nov-2016, 14:48)mobaer Wrote: Is there any reason, why they are not available?

http://www.fondamenta-music.com/download...ooklet.pdf

The linked to PDF was included with my download, although I needed to perform six downloads, one per cd/album, I.e maybe it is/was not included in the 15gb single download.
Aaron is all right. The booklet wasn't included in the 15.5 Gb download. Usually, we don't provide the booklet with the files but we will in the future.
The Lost Recordings & Fondamenta Music Labels
Devialet 1000 Pro, Focal Stella, Riffaud Saturn Turntable, Lyra Atlas, Ortofon Synergy, Miyajima Zero, Whest Audio Reference V Phono Preamp, Absolue Creations Tim-Reference Cables, 
Devialet 220, Focal Diablo Evo, Absolue Creations Ul-tim cables
Phantom Gold + White tree
Phantom Reactor 900
(28-Nov-2016, 19:12)Phoenix Wrote: I didn't write that. You didn't understand me: how do you want to hear the original source in 24bit when the tape was recorded in the 50's?!? The 1st one is not the original source, it's "remastered" of course! Some of you won't be convinced, despite everything we can provide...  Rolleyes

Sorry, my bad. I thought the first was a plane 24bit copy of the master tape because it doesn't sound as any remastering was done to it, hence I called it original source.
But as you didn't provide any further information ( I know copyrights may tie you up) I was guessing. 
But anyway I'm convinced of your Phoenix procedure  Big Grin . 

Peace,
gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
An email sent by Devialet offers to "unlock" the order as a pre-sale for the all the lost recordings but Bill Evanunfortunatel ). 120 euros for the 900 limited edition. Oscar Peterson has been a special one for me since my three year stint in Ottawa : I used to walk by his statue seated at the corner of Elgin and Albert st almost every day .

So it's a deal...
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution