Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading to Phantom Gold?
I use Tidal Hi-Fi and listening to many different genre of music, but my favorites are dance, electronic music. I will also use it for movies. I think it was stevehuffphoto's Phantom Gold review, that got my intention. I like the Phantom Silver a lot, but it feel like that the sound were missing something. Something magical. Maybe I'm just hard to impress nowadays Big Grin Before Phantom Silver I had B&W XT4 floor standing speakers with Thule's high end preamp and amplifier, and it was a huge step up, because I had Logitech Z5500 surround Pc speaker before that.
2 x Devialet Phantom Gold / Branch + Dialog
Pioneer KRP-600M 60" Plasma Tv
(28-Dec-2016, 18:49)mixart Wrote: Man, I just sold my two Phantom Silver for a danish price for 21.000 kroner. They cost 30.000 kroner for two new Phantom Silver here in Denmark and my new Phantom Gold are coming tomorrow. Hope I made the right choice and I won't be disappointment.

You won't be disappointed Smile
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I too do not think you will be disappointed.
Just got my one Phantom Gold and I can already hear the difference. Better highs, smoother/faster sound. Cant wait to get my second Phantom Gold in couple month, when I got the money. I'm very happy Big Grin

Testet it with

Enya - Only time
London Grammar - Hey Now
Astrid S - Hurts So Good
Astrid S - 2AM (Matoma Remix)
2 x Devialet Phantom Gold / Branch + Dialog
Pioneer KRP-600M 60" Plasma Tv