Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configuration Being Lost
Hi all,

I recently had my dialog replaced by Devialet under warranty due to sudden failure.

When the new one came it paired up with my two silver phantoms no problem. Then the next morning when I fired up Spark it said that dialog could not find my Phantoms. Thought that's strange so went through the setup procedure again and brought them back on line and everything was fine.

After stopping playing music and a few hours later the same thing happened. It is now doing it on a regular basis such that each time I want to use the system I am having to set them up from scratch.

All Phantoms and Dialog are running latest firmware and I have done a factory reset of all devices.

The dialog is connected to my router by gigabit cable and wifi connected (5GHz) to the Phantoms. It is not possible to connect the Phantoms by cable and at any rate the dialog is within 12m line of site of each Phantom. When they are paired there is no problem whatsoever.

Anyone got any ideas before I contact Devialet?

Cheers
Any specific reason why the Phantoms and Dialog do not connect through PLC but through wifi in your setup? Any power surge transformers where you plug the Devialets to power them? Devialet's PLC is the most stable connection option for a 'wireless' setup of multiple Phantoms.
Regarding wifi: Do you have a 5GHz network that might interfere with the one of Devialet? I found better performance when I forced my wifi to higher channel numbers (e.g channel 60) so that the Dialog could use the lower channels e.g. 36 or 40 for its connection to the Phantoms. Use a network tool to see which channel the Dialog occupies. Then you can fix the one of your network to a higher number.
I don't use PLC as it doesn't work in my house, already tried a few times in the past. As PLC is not used the issue of surge arrestors is a not applicable.

As for the WiFi channels this seems like a good place to start investigating but if I had channel interference problems then why once setup would everything be stable?, surely interference would cause drop outs etc. Once it is up and running it runs for 8-10 hours a day as we always have it on as background music without any problems.

Anyway I appreciate the feedback as I am grasping at straws.
I hope Devialet can help you. They are the only ones that know, what really provokes Spark to go into the setup mode. My observation was that Spark went into the setup mode when it could not find the Dialog after some seconds (10-20s) after being started on my IOS device. By selecting a higher channel on my wifi reduced the number of resetting up the system. It looked like the Dialog was faster in setting a stable connection to the Phantoms after being turned on. I had this problem when I was using remote controlled power switches to be able to turn off the Phantoms and Dialog via remote control. In the end I gave in and let the Phantoms and Dialog always powered on. This has two main effects. Phantoms are now always on the PLC and Spark immediately finds the Dialog. Of course, I waited 1-2 minutes after I turned on the Phantom system with the switches before I launched Spark. But only with a fixed channel on my wifi, it seemed to me, that the Phantoms were able to connect with the Dialog and being found by Spark without setup procedure.