Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert pro 440 no internet connection
Information 
Hello,
I have just unpacked the new expert pro 440. Very nice devices but…
In the configurator I have activated and set up Ethernet: dhcp and Wifi with my network settings. But I’m unable to find the expert with the Devialet IOS remote app.
I’m also unable to select ‘ethernet’ of ‘wifi’ as an input, to use AIR…
On the devialet screen I can’t find the MAC or Ipadres of the unit, and I see: ‘No wifi module installed’.
I’m I doing something wrong, or do I need to buy an additional module? Or is this the upcoming streaming module of 2017 that is missing?
The cat5 ethernet cable is working correctly. Huh

Kind regards,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Do the interfaces show up in your DHCP server (possibly your router), or a network scan?

I've no experience with dual mono, but the Devialet comes with everything it needs for both wifi and wired - you don't need additional modules.

Is it the case it only works on the master or something like that?

I'd start with debugging just the wired connection first, to keep it simpler.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Perhaps you've got the master and companion swapped - as Hifi_swlon says, only the master has the network interfaces (although both units have RJ-45 Ethernet connectors on the back). If you put the SD card with the master configuration in the companion unit and vice versa, they'll appear to be working except for the network interfaces.

(Yes, I speak from bitter experience...unpacking a brand new 440 Pro and thinking "oh no, it's not working" for longer than I should have done before the penny dropped!)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Ok. Thx! Problem solved. The mistake came from Devialet. I already thought it was strange that the box that came with the remote was labelled with a sticker 'companion'...
Time to enjoy your new 440! And welcome to the forum.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
If you scroll throug the meny showing all the different FW and other stuff only the Master will show MAC adress and other stuff for the ethernet card nothing of this will be shown in the companion. This is how I found out what amp was what when I got my 440, unpacked them and forgot wich one was the master Smile
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I think you can also tell by looking through the window on the underside of the unit - if I remember right, the network card is visible in the master (though it's only obvious by comparing the two).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK