Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark 1.6.5
Devialet just pushed Spark 1.6.5 through the Apple store. The App store says: "Fix some UI issues. More info at http://releasenote.dvlt.io". However, the release info Website has not been updated yet. So I guess we have to find out what was updated. Maybe a Desktop App update and firmware update following?

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
http://en.devialet.com/phantom/app-spark/ still mentions 1.6.3 as well.
Still 1.6.4 for Android and 1.6.3 for Windows. Hopefully the FW update with Tidal streaming quality fix will be released soon.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Synchronized volume level on multiple Spark apps seems to be back with 1.6.5.
Now when the volume level is changed on the mac, it is in sync on the iPhone again. I missed that since it was removed some time ago.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Also when you switch to another app on the Iphone/Ipad and back to Spark it appears immediately a d does not anymore restart tbe app what took a few seconds before being operational. Great improvement in usability. The same with having the Iphone going to standby/sleep mode. When you press the home button Spark is instantly back and operational. I like it!
Great news! Smile
Hopefully Devialet will give Android users the same lag free experience. The constant reloading is a bit/very/utterly annoying.
My Phantom Voyage
So, now that the Android inventor invests in Devialet it should happen any day unless Android doesn't allow it Smile
Tidal quality still reverting to AAC320. I give up!
(30-Nov-2016, 10:41)pjlarge Wrote: Tidal quality still reverting to AAC320.  I give up!

I believe that is a firmware bug in Dialog, not a software bug in Spark.
My Phantom Voyage
I do not think that this at all is related to Spark or Dialog. I guess it is a bandwidth/timing issue of the media stream either of the internet connection or of the Dialog/Phantom communication. It could be a simple fallback mechanism which becomes active as soon as there is not enough end-to-end (Tidal ==> Phantom) bandwidth available for streaming in flac.
4 x Gold Phantom via LAN, 2 x Silver Phantom via LAN, Dialog, Remote, Tidal HiFi (Masters/MQA), Bluesound node II (TOS-link to Dialog, MQA), Roon (Mac)