Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark 1.6.5
I give it up, I think I sale the phantoms if it lasts even longer
(30-Nov-2016, 15:45)Cor360 Wrote: I give it up, I think I sale the phantoms if it lasts even longer

The only possibility to stream music to you Phantoms is via Tidal/flac?
There are 1000 other ways to use them. What about playing media from your Computer or Mobile device? What about iTunes, Radio in Spark or to use them as speakers for your TV?
4 x Gold Phantom via LAN, 2 x Silver Phantom via LAN, Dialog, Remote, Tidal HiFi (Masters/MQA), Bluesound node II (TOS-link to Dialog, MQA), Roon (Mac)
(30-Nov-2016, 11:36)Taucher669 Wrote: I do not think that this at all is related to Spark or Dialog. I guess it is a bandwidth/timing issue of the media stream either of the internet connection or of the Dialog/Phantom communication. It could be a simple fallback mechanism which becomes active as soon as there is not enough end-to-end (Tidal ==> Phantom) bandwidth available for streaming in flac.

One of the ways to test this is Roon_with-Tidal->microRendu->Mutec->toslink-to-Dialog or toslink-to-Phantom. If this streams flac all the time from Tidal the Devialet streaming is faulty.
Difficult to test I know, as one needs access to the mentioned products, but still...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Or, as mentioned before, a Chromecast Audio connected via toslink. Streams Tidal in flac all day long Smile
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I use Aurilac Mini > USB >Mutec 3+ USB > Toslink > Phantom. Flac plays perfectly and no dropouts

If I use the Dialog > Toslink > Phantom - Flac turns to AAC.

If I use Mutec > toslink > Dialog > Phantom - Flac turns to AAC and I do get dropouts (silence).

In both cases the Dialog looks to be the bad part. Lets hope they update the firmware of Dialog anytime soon.