Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HP All-In-One as dedicated music streamer
Hello All:

I have an HP All-In-One 23" touchscreen running Windows 10 that I want to make into a dedicated music streamer. I have used this computer previously to stream wireless over Dev AIR 2.xxx without a hitch. It sounded terrific and for some reason noticeably better than AIR over my MS Surface 4.

At this point, I really only stream Tidal HiFi to Devialet (which will be 220 Pro by Xmas, I'm hoping) and, realistically, that's probably as far as my streaming will go. As I am dedicating the machine, I would like to optimize it for sonics, be able to select music from the touchscreen, and be able to control Tidal running on it remotely with a tablet..... fairly simple it would seem.

Anyone able to share some Devialet specific advice for this scenario and/or point me toward to a resource with specific step by step type guidance?

Thanks in advance!

Paul
Devialet 220. Audio Note AN-E. Macbook Pro. Mostly Tidal. Dev AIR / Ethernet. Project xpression iii.

Kelowna, British Columbia
(30-Nov-2016, 05:40)pdg540 Wrote: Hello All:

I have an HP All-In-One 23" touchscreen running Windows 10 that I want to make into a dedicated music streamer. I have used this computer previously to stream wireless over Dev AIR 2.xxx without a hitch. It sounded terrific and for some reason noticeably better than AIR over my MS Surface 4.

At this point, I really only stream Tidal HiFi to Devialet (which will be 220 Pro by Xmas, I'm hoping) and, realistically, that's probably as far as my streaming will go. As I am dedicating the machine, I would like to optimize it for sonics, be able to select music from the touchscreen, and be able to control Tidal running on it remotely with a tablet..... fairly simple it would seem.

Anyone able to share some Devialet specific advice for this scenario and/or point me toward to a resource with specific step by step type guidance?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Paul

Have you looked into Roon software, it has Tidal integration and works perfect with Air3 and you can control it with a tablet.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Hey Brian. I did try Roon on the 30 day trial and I liked it. I thought it was maybe a little overkill since I only streamed Tidal. But thinking more on it, it may be the slickest and best sounding set up for me...... and it definitely would open up a lot of future streaming options. Deserves to be re-visited for sure!
Devialet 220. Audio Note AN-E. Macbook Pro. Mostly Tidal. Dev AIR / Ethernet. Project xpression iii.

Kelowna, British Columbia