Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM????
It has been now almost three months since I had my Dev 440 Pro upgraded to the Core Infinity specifications. Initially I was not pleased with the results and USB input was not functioning properly with my SOtM front end. However, with the most recent firmware update, that has now been resolved. Last night I was streaming via Ethernet-UPnP some high resolution music courtesy of Qobuz Sublime+, and for a lack of a better word it was Sublime. I started listening to music at around 10:00pm, and within ten to fifteen minutes I had entered an hypnotic trance like state, from there onwards I did not move for almost an hour (Discloser: I don't do drugs). The music was enveloping, engaging, relaxing and very emotional. With my eyes closed I could really see the musical landscape, the soundstage had such depth, height, and width. There was pin point precision when it came to instrument placement. The music had no harshness, no digital edge, no fatigue, it just flowed and allowed me to enter an almost meditative like state. At one point I had tear flowing down my cheeks and I am a person who hardly ever cries, the emotional impact was such. Yesterdays experience reaffirmed to me that I had made the right investment with my hard earned money.
@Rama, that's a great story to hear. As much as we talk about the technology, Devialet's treatment of their customers etc., when their products can do that, that's what really matters.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
@thumb5 +1 Agree. Great to find like-minded people on this forum.
@Rama, I've been using UPnP for 5 weeks to stream Tiadal or Melco. Angel
I know what you are reporting. +1
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I'm listening to Ry X on my 220 pro with CI, roon on the QNAP, via ProAc SM100s and EWA LS-25 cables right now - simply sublime.....!
Audionet DNA / roon / ProAc SM100s
FWIW; I decided to hang on to my prehistoric D120 because it does continue to amaze me still.
I just love how nimble the little thing actually is at producing sweet sounding music, whatever source I throw at it.
The only complaint I have is that it needs a SUT to reduce the hiss on low output MC cartridges. That was an expense I didn't expect I'd have to make.
The new Pro doesn't do any better in that regard either, which is a real shame.
Otherwise, I'd have upgraded like that *snaps fingers*
Devialet 120 - Wilson Sophia - Technics SL-1000 - Rega Apollo - Chromecast
My experience is that there is a lot of difference in the recording of music. Music that is recorded by experts sounds amazing. Music that is recorded badly, and I'm afraid I have to say that there is a lot of that around, sounds awful, also on a Devialet.
Devialet 250, PS Audio Transport - PS Audio P5 - Aurender N100H- Thorens TD160MkII - Restek MTUN+, Eternal Arts TTP, TAD ME1
amari lp 18 => D120 => harbeth c7es3

I am set for life, three years with it and every time I play still amazed. But I get to play it only once in a week, Saturday's i get off while wife is working.
(04-Apr-2018, 12:58)Flashman Wrote:
(01-Apr-2018, 15:23)ArnoNYC Wrote: I've been the happy owner of an Expert 120 combined with the Atom GT1 for over 2 years, and do definitely enjoy this combo.
Salut ArnoNYC, Bienvenue aux États-Unis !  J'ai acheté le Devialet 180 (maintenant le 200 grace à la mise à jour) quand j'ai vécu et travaillé en France (chez Michelin) entre 2011 et 2015.  De plus, j'ai les enceintenes Atohm GT1.  J'aime bien le système!  C'est mon péché mignon !  Okay, enough of my French rambling.  I agree with your comments about the lovely symmetry between the Devialet Expert series and the Atohm GT1s.  As speaker active matching or SAM was first employed on the Devialet version of the Atohm's, I think it's probably one of the most beneficial.  I still enjoy the combo, especially now that Roon has optimized the streaming experience.  I may soon move from a condo in Charleston, S.C. to a larger home in Santa Fe, N.M.  As such, I would have a larger listening room and may take the plunge to the new Magico A3 speakers Big Grin .  But until then, all is sweet with my set-up!

Merci pour le petit mot de bienvenue !
On my end the visual footprint of the "Ensemble" with the GT1 bookshelf speakers does definitely make sense in our NYC apartment... and it's also a plus in terms of wife Acceptance Factor... If I had regret, that would have been to have refused the offer Devialet made me when I purchased my system to get one of their final production models of their original high-end amp (with a significant discount), as it would have come with an audio-video capability (with HDMI i/o)...
Devialet Expert 220 Pro (upgraded from 120) + Atohm GT1 + Clearaudio Concept Wood (MM) - now back in Paris, France
Very much so.

A big and pleasant surprise was the Roon control layer that wakes my Expert when I cue music and it then sleeps shortly after it ends.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.