Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND SYSTEM????
Hi fellas,
My system consist of dev200 and sf venere 2.5 and macbook pro -air3-roon( core and server) #tidal# or media center 19 .
Thru the beginning of my audiophile journey I experienced a serious Of big step up in sq each time i upgraded my amp source or speaker.
Cause i started really with a budget system ( very descent though).
I was talking with one audiophile friend once and he told me that the upgrade journey for the eargasming sound is a never ending trip.
I quite agree with him in a sense of finetuning the sound with some kind of tweaks like vibration bases, acoustics, softwares.......
I was really happy with my current system in the first 6 months, now less , and i m planning to upgrade my speakers to a really high end ones now; i m still considering wether to add a companion or go for 220( the limit date of 25 dec for the 2500€ offer really annoying me).
My question for the experienced and experts in this forum:
R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND QUALITY every time you listen to it; did you acclimitize to the wonderful sound after some time and try to make it better each time or there s kind off a final destination??
I understand that it s gonna be different for each one, 1000 pro for some, 400 , 800 , 440 pro for others ;myself i don t know??!!!sure with devialet for me.
I auditionned the dev200 with some sabrina ( air 3 jriver flac files)in a very well treated room( acoustically) and i though it was just marvellous in every aspect and i could call it my final destination sound; could i????
Did our ears, brain, acclimitize to the sound and search for a better one to make it smile each time , in that case it s a real never ending journey.........

Sabrina against sf guarnieri : when I auditionned with dev200.

My system: it s an old pic when i just moved : the speakers are better positioned now,3 couchs, curtains are there to warm the sound of the very reflective ceramic floor, still a carpet waiting to be in....
Thks[Image: 0838c79f150d43b7ae8568e778f080dd.jpg][Image: 3c221e78ff98be156da30a47c571a2a1.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Years ago I read an article on Stereophile about the upgrade bug. It sort of compared two different types of people with the same amount of money spent over a number of years;

Person #1 buys something relatively cheap, then upgrades, then upgrades again, etc. The end result is a lot more money spent than what the end system actually costs.

Person #2 buys the best he can afford at the time and, bit by bit, accumulates a great system over the years. The end result is a much more expensive system for the same amount of money.

I'm of the person #2 persuasion and hope one day I'll have that elusive system that blows my mind. It takes careful buying and time but it's a great journey and I never get bored with my system. Having said that, if I had more money I would probably be a person #1.

I'm the same with my house and with my wife. It took me 9 years of knowing my wife before we got married and the I haven't finished the renovation I've been working on for the last ten years yet. But we're getting closer so I'm sure we'll get there and in the end, I'm sure we'll be very happy with the lot.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
YES, i am: expert 250 and revel ultima studio 2. Maybe an upgrade to 250pro.

David
(01-Dec-2016, 11:03)Pim van Vliet Wrote: ...
I'm the same with my house and with my wife. It took me 9 years of knowing my wife before we got married and the I haven't finished the renovation I've been working on for the last ten years yet.

I had to read that sentence twice before I realised what you were renovating... Smile

By the way, I'm definitely of the #2 persuasion. My previous amp (ML 383) and speakers (SF Guarneri Homage) had both served me very well for about 15 years before changing. To answer samsoum's original question: yes, I am still delighted with my current system every time I listen to it.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Wow, great question and discussion!   Yes, I've been a self-proclaimed audiophile for 40+ years and have always loved whatever system I've had.  But honestly, I'm also quite guilty of periodic bursts of the upgrade itch.  I'm definitely of the person #2 persuasion, but occasionally guilty of small bursts of foolishness and I've got a closet full of  cables and tweaks to prove it.  Overall, however, I believe that advances in technology and design have made substantial improvements in sound quality not only possible but within financial reach for those of us fortunate enough to appreciate it. 

Devialet has certainly contributed to that.   I was able to replace a very nice amp, preamp, phono preamp, DAC and a bunch of cables with my Expert and actually came out ahead financially.   In 40 years of upgrading, that has happened exactly once!
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Each and every time I listen to music, I realize again how wonderful my D200 is. One day, maybe, upgrading to 220 Pro. Great question, for once I could answer Smile
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(01-Dec-2016, 10:39)samsoum Wrote: Hi fellas,
My system consist of dev200 and sf venere 2.5 and macbook pro -air3-roon( core and server)  #tidal# or media center 19 .
Thru the beginning of my audiophile journey I experienced a serious   Of big step up in sq each time i upgraded my amp source or speaker.
Cause i started really with a budget system ( very descent though).
I was talking with one audiophile friend once and he told me that the upgrade journey for the eargasming sound is a never ending trip.
I quite agree with him in a sense of finetuning the sound with some kind of tweaks like vibration bases, acoustics, softwares.......
I was really happy with my current system in the first 6 months, now less , and i m  planning to upgrade my speakers to a really high end ones now; i m still considering wether to add a companion or go for 220( the limit date of 25 dec for the 2500€ offer really annoying me).
My question for the experienced and experts in this forum:
R U STILL AMAZED BY YOUR SOUND QUALITY every time you listen to it; did you acclimitize to the wonderful sound after some time and try to make it better each time or there s kind off a final destination??
I understand that it s gonna be different for each one, 1000 pro for some, 400 , 800 , 440 pro for others ;myself i don t know??!!!sure with devialet for me.
I auditionned the dev200 with some sabrina ( air 3 jriver flac files)in a very well treated room( acoustically) and i though it was just marvellous in every aspect and i could call it my final destination sound; could i????
Did our ears, brain, acclimitize to the sound and search for a better one to make it smile each time , in that case it s a real never ending journey.........

Is there an offer for the upgrade you mean?

Sabrina against sf guarnieri : when I auditionned with dev200.

My system: it s an old pic when i just moved : the speakers are better positioned now,3 couchs, curtains are there to warm the sound of the very reflective ceramic floor, still a carpet waiting to be in....
Thks[Image: 0838c79f150d43b7ae8568e778f080dd.jpg][Image: 3c221e78ff98be156da30a47c571a2a1.jpg]

Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
I started as person 1 and turned to person 2 few months ago ( when i purchased dev200).
Just to make my question and inquiries clearer: when you listen to your system r u always stunned by the sound produced ?? If it s the case , i want to be there
Today before tommorow
Thks for sharing your thoughts and experiences!

I think the most amazed I've been is when I bought a Naim setup. It came after a while without any decent hifi (college, party years, etc) and was by far the best I'd ever owned - it was something I'd longed for for years after growing up with friends with fantastic hifi's and I could finally afford my own. I 'had a new CD collection' and was satisfied for years.

It's hard to recreate that on many levels. I haven't done it again but I couldn't say it sounded better than what I've got now, probably not. But I don't feel the same emotionally. If that makes any sense.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(01-Dec-2016, 20:30)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I think the most amazed I've been is when I bought a Naim setup. It came after a while without any decent hifi (college, party years, etc) and was by far the best I'd ever owned - it was something I'd longed for for years after growing up with friends with fantastic hifi's and I could finally afford my own. I 'had a new CD collection' and was satisfied for years.

It's hard to recreate that on many levels. I haven't done it again but I couldn't say it sounded better than what I've got now, probably not. But I don't feel the same emotionally. If that makes any sense.

It make a lot of sense to me, and the same happened to me with naim uniti after marantz amp! But i feel more satisfied now with my setup And hopefully much better after upgrading my speakers!