Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas logo
(02-Dec-2016, 11:16)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(02-Dec-2016, 10:56)Antoine Wrote: Haha, brilliant logo! Smile

Snow man and reindeer. Very Northern Hemisphere... 44.6 degrees Celsius out here in the desert today. I doubt we'll be seeing any snow man around here

Happy holiday season everyone. You're a fun bunch.

Ouch!! 44+ degrees!!! That's hardcore. I've only experienced close to that a couple of times and it wasn't pleasant. Do you get used to it?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(04-Dec-2016, 22:35)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(02-Dec-2016, 11:16)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(02-Dec-2016, 10:56)Antoine Wrote: Haha, brilliant logo! Smile

Snow man and reindeer. Very Northern Hemisphere... 44.6 degrees Celsius out here in the desert today. I doubt we'll be seeing any snow man around here

Happy holiday season everyone. You're a fun bunch.

Ouch!! 44+ degrees!!! That's hardcore. I've only experienced close to that a couple of times and it wasn't pleasant. Do you get used to it?

I get used to staying indoors with the aircon on most of the day  Big Grin
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
My wife asked me to look out the window and tell her what the weather was like.

So i told her "It looks like rain dear".
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
OK, I must admit I've been trying to ignore the nice new festive logo. Also, I thought the second speech bubble was a dead or drunken robin, until I sussed out it was probably a reindeer. The reason is I've been working my bits off trying to meet a deadline, so have not been feeling remotely 'Christmassy'. Anyway, today I'm home and finally have a bit of time off work to play some tunes on the nice 1000 Pro and WTF!!!, someone has been in my house and stuck some ridiculous wire frame tinsel thing covered in stupid things in the room. Anyway, having got over my fury I'm obviously wondering what this is doing to room acoustics, so an REW check is planned. Any negatives on the new curves and this baby is out!!

(Merry Christmas everyone)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(23-Dec-2016, 11:35)Confused Wrote: OK, I must admit I've been trying to ignore the nice new festive logo. Also, I thought the second speech bubble was a dead or drunken robin, until I sussed out it was probably a reindeer. The reason is I've been working my bits off trying to meet a deadline, so have not been feeling remotely 'Christmassy'. Anyway, today I'm home and finally have a bit of time off work to play some tunes on the nice 1000 Pro and WTF!!!, someone has been in my house and stuck some ridiculous wire frame tinsel thing covered in stupid things in the room. Anyway, having got over my fury I'm obviously wondering what this is doing to room acoustics, so an REW check is planned. Any negatives on the new curves and this baby is out!!

Nothing suspicious seen or lying around - half eaten mince pies, empty sherry glasses, dodgy looking fat blokes with red coats and long white beards!!!!!!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(23-Dec-2016, 11:55)NickB Wrote:
(23-Dec-2016, 11:35)Confused Wrote: OK, I must admit I've been trying to ignore the nice new festive logo.  Also, I thought the second speech bubble was a dead or drunken robin, until I sussed out it was probably a reindeer.  The reason is I've been working my bits off trying to meet a deadline, so have not been feeling remotely 'Christmassy'.  Anyway, today I'm home and finally have a bit of time off work to play some tunes on the nice 1000 Pro and WTF!!!, someone has been in my house and stuck some ridiculous wire frame tinsel thing covered in stupid things in the room.  Anyway, having got over my fury I'm obviously wondering what this is doing to room acoustics, so an REW check is planned.  Any negatives on the new curves and this baby is out!!

Nothing suspicious seen or lying around - half eaten mince pies, empty sherry glasses, dodgy looking fat blokes with red coats and long white beards!!!!!!

I can see a reflection of a dodgy looking fat bloke eating a mince pie, if that counts.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Tongue 
(23-Dec-2016, 12:03)Confused Wrote:
(23-Dec-2016, 11:55)NickB Wrote:
(23-Dec-2016, 11:35)Confused Wrote: OK, I must admit I've been trying to ignore the nice new festive logo.  Also, I thought the second speech bubble was a dead or drunken robin, until I sussed out it was probably a reindeer.  The reason is I've been working my bits off trying to meet a deadline, so have not been feeling remotely 'Christmassy'.  Anyway, today I'm home and finally have a bit of time off work to play some tunes on the nice 1000 Pro and WTF!!!, someone has been in my house and stuck some ridiculous wire frame tinsel thing covered in stupid things in the room.  Anyway, having got over my fury I'm obviously wondering what this is doing to room acoustics, so an REW check is planned.  Any negatives on the new curves and this baby is out!!

I can see a reflection of a dodgy looking fat bloke eating a mince pie, if that counts.

If there is no red coat and white beard then sorry I can't help you, mind you if you drink enough sherry with it ......

In any case

A Merry Xmas to all and I hope the dodgy bloke delivers all that you could wish for.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers

I think it will bring a real sparkle to the top end. Big Grin

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Best wishes to all for the holidays...suspect our respective D's 120/220/250/400/440/800/900/100 and many with the shiny new PRO upgrade will be put into heavy use in the coming weeks WDW
Merry Christmas too everybody here on devialet chat, i hope you all Will have a Wery good evening With the bedst food , a little vine ,and just a plecent evening. Regards Finn from Copenhagen.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,