Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New jobs @ Devialet
Devialet is dramatically increasing head count (since getting 100M they also have the budget)
http://jobs.jobvite.com/devialet/jobs

But still sad to see that there is no feedback on the acclaimed online-support forum
on the final version of AIR, streaming board, firmware etc
Let us hope that a few of the new people Devialet employ are capable programmers able to dig into code and solve real problems... From my POV the life style nonsense PR that has come from Devialet lately is pushing me away from the brand. I find I have started to look for alternatives. It is still hard (or even impossible) to find similar sound quality and functionality to my 250 - soon to be Pro - though. So some one at Devialet is definitively clever with code although ADH or hardware code is very different from AIR or Spark code. I am quite certain the new streamer board will be a disappointment for us. It will probably not focus on sound quality, but we can hope...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(02-Dec-2016, 11:20)ogs Wrote: Let us hope that a few of the new people Devialet employ are capable programmers able to dig into code and solve real problems... From my POV the life style nonsense PR that has come from Devialet lately is pushing me away from the brand. I find I have started to look for alternatives. It is still hard (or even impossible) to find similar sound quality and functionality to my 250 - soon to be Pro - though. So some one at Devialet is definitively clever with code although ADH or hardware code is very different from AIR or Spark code.   I am quite certain the new streamer board will be a disappointment for us. It will probably not focus on sound quality, but we can hope...

Proper OS code seems to be more difficult than anything else out there. I had a read through the Melco thread the last few days and my impression is they can't get it together either. So there's Sooloos, Aurender, Sonos and Roon that have been able to get it right. Anyone else out there?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(02-Dec-2016, 11:27)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Proper OS code seems to be more difficult than anything else out there. I had a read through the Melco thread the last few days and my impression is they can't get it together either. So there's Sooloos, Aurender, Sonos and Roon that have been able to get it right. Anyone else out there?

I'd add JRiver, Bubble, Acourate, Audiolense and a few others to that list. Dirac too, but they seem to have trouble releasing the latest version on Windows. Of course only JRiver is a complete package compared to the ones you list, but common for all is proper programming and the ability (+will) to fix bugs quickly.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
More than that, it depends on the company management understanding that developing high-quality software is not a quick and cheap process.  ("Fast, good, cheap: pick any two".)  The cost of developing embedded software can be much higher than that of developing the hardware it runs on.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(02-Dec-2016, 08:15)markush Wrote: But still sad to see that there is no feedback on the acclaimed online-support forum
on the final version of AIR, streaming board, firmware etc

How does everyone feel about this? As far as I can see very little has been delivered since those promises were made many months ago... was it July now?

Just checked the Devialet "love is in the air" thread, here is a recent post:

"Haven't heard anything from you for over 5 1/2/ weeks, then you come on and say you were busy last week (what about the 4 weeks before that) and then tell us to wait another week for "some fresh things"."

Oh dear...

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Who in Devialet takes charge of communication with the public and, more importantly the users? Total failure. It must be a much easier job than to announce the official release of AIR3, launch of streamer board and OS.

If they show they are caring their users, we are glad they raise more and more money from investors. If not, it has no meaning to us but a bit worried the company becomes more and more revenue orientiated and will move to other countries of lower production cost just for making more money.
new offer december
with a new DIALOG AIRPLAY ?
https://store.devialet.com/
(02-Dec-2016, 16:04)xga Wrote: new offer december

That link doesn't open for some reason. And when i go to the Devialet store it goes to the Australian version. What country is this store in?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(02-Dec-2016, 22:36)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(02-Dec-2016, 16:04)xga Wrote: new offer december

That link doesn't open for some reason. And when i go to the Devialet store it goes to the Australian version. What country is this store in?

Devialet uses geo-ip info to redirect you to what they want you to see.
This is (part of) the page as seen from Norway:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Devialetless!