Poll: How do you like the sound quality of your Pro (newly upgraded from expert)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes!
60.47%
78 60.47%
Yes, with caveats
6.20%
8 6.20%
No!
0.78%
1 0.78%
No, with caveats
0.78%
1 0.78%
N/A. I upgraded for reasons other than sound quality.
0.78%
1 0.78%
I did not upgrade and don't plan to
31.01%
40 31.01%
Total 129 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Do you like the sound quality of the Expert Pro upgrade?
(04-Feb-2017, 09:55)Confused Wrote: I notice that a lot of Forum members have recently received their Expert amps back, upgraded to Pro specification.  So I just thought that I'd give this thread a weekend 'bump' in case anyone had missed it's existence.

Well, the 'bump' worked for me. I wrote pages of comments in various threads, but did not vote. With the 220 Pro in place for about two months, I'm in the 'Yes!' camp, and voted accordingly.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(04-Feb-2017, 14:03)Womaz Wrote: I don't want to hijack this thread but yes I am fairly sure I will wait to upgrade , if I even do so at all.

My main issue is that I was determined to stop continually searching for the next improvement. For me the system I have now is one I could only have dreamed of five year ago and for me it is a significant investment. I also think it sounds amazing as it is , I really do. Yes it can be improved no doubt and yes I will inevitably fall into that path I imagine as I can afford it .

However my listening habits have unfortunately had to change so not sure how much benefit I would get. The final part of my jigsaw was the addition of the Olympicas and I am delighted with them, they work so well with the detail of the Devialet. The on,y issue is I live in an apartment. I am on the top floor and for over two year the one below me was empty as it was bought by an investor. I was very unlucky in that Six days after getting the olymoicas a new young family moved in. It is therefore so rare for me to get a proper listening session at a good volume. When I do it's sublime and I guess I appreciate it all the more. I am considering my next upgrade .....and that's a possible move to a detached house somewhere as I really miss playing my music fairly loud. A severe upgrade cost wise. So now over seventy percent of my listening is through my headphones and whilst I have grown to really enjoy this too it's not the same as that room filling sound. I feel I have a very good HP set up , but like I say it's not quite the same

Also I guess I am still not really settled with the Melco as I am missing a decent app, radio and possibly even Tidal. I never thought I would consider streaming as an option but since getting my 200 I spend well over £100 per month on albums and whilst I can afford it ........well do I really need to own all this music. The 200 has massively increased how much I listen to music. I was considering swapping to an Aurender a  
few months ago and this is still in my thoughts........I do have a lot of thoughts don't I ?

The streamer board is interesting but I would still need the Melco or some other HD as I sold my NAS when the Melco was purchased.

So yes lots of options to consider and I guess I am very keen to try Tidal although the sound quality I got last time would need to have improved considerably as I found it thin and lacking the full sound of my Melco set up.

I think the upgrade would suit you because of the low volume performance of the Pro series. The bass and treble aren't diminished and the width and depth of the soundstage remain intact.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(05-Feb-2017, 03:54)Axel Wrote: I think the upgrade would suit you because of the low volume performance of the Pro series. The bass and treble aren't diminished and the width and depth of the soundstage remain intact.

Have you experienced any perceivable difference/improvement with the analogue output feeding your headphones at all Alex?
I've hardly undertaken any headphone listening to think I would notice any difference but was just curious if you had.

[edit] to add I will vote soon once I have had a few more days with my 440
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(05-Feb-2017, 04:07)tyefighter Wrote:
(05-Feb-2017, 03:54)Axel Wrote: I think the upgrade would suit you because of the low volume performance of the Pro series. The bass and treble aren't diminished and the width and depth of the soundstage remain intact.

Have you experienced any perceivable difference/improvement with the analogue output feeding your headphones at all Alex?
I've hardly undertaken any headphone listening to think I would notice any difference but was just curious if you had.

[edit] to add I will vote soon once I have had a few more days with my 440

I haven't used the analogue outputs of the 440 Pro alone to drive my cans, only through my Rupert Neve Designs RNHP headphone amp.  To me, the Neve is the best headphone amp. that I've heard. I've auditioned some very expensive and some at the cheaper end of the scale, but there's something about the Neve that ticks all the boxes and pushes all my buttons!

Alex.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England