Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Airplay enabled Dialog
Just received an email from Devialet, saying that if I will buy a pair of Phantoms before the end of the year, I will get a 32gb Apple TV and a new Airplay enabled Dialog. I wonder if Devialet will replace our faulty and clicky Dialogs with a new one on request.

Anyone heard anything about the new Dialog?
(04-Dec-2016, 16:50)dmitrek Wrote: Just received an email from Devialet, saying that if I will buy a pair of Phantoms before the end of the year, I will get a 32gb Apple TV and a new Airplay enabled Dialog. I wonder if Devialet will replace our faulty and clicky Dialogs with a new one on request.

Anyone heard anything about the new Dialog?

I talked to people at Devialet in Berlin and they confirmed that there is a new Dialog for the Christmas bundle but they weren't sure if stand-alone Dialogs were also already updated. So basically they couldn't guarantee that a newly placed order would actually get me the new airplay-enabled Dialog.

On a different note: I only have one white phantom. What would the new Dialog do for me other than enabling Airplay? Is there any other advantage in terms of sound quality, etc.? I am only a subscriber to Apple Music. So won't use the other streaming services that require Dialog.
Doesn't Dialog already support Airplay? I have the "old" verson I guess, and I can open Spotify on my iPhone and send it to "Livingrom" from the Spotify app, bypassing Spark completely.
I guess I have been using Spotify Connect, I see now, and not Airplay.
I ordered my Dialog from Devialet on the 14th at it just came in today.  My model number is VY104.  I am not sure if I own the new one or not, but I can say it does AirPlay
I ordered my new Dialog recently and it came. I was told it would work with Airplay. I"m not sure how to make it work to play Apple TV sound. There are no instructions for this. Is it an app on Apple TV? I have only used Airplay to direct audio or visual from my computer TO my Apple TV. Don't have experience directing it FROM Apple TV to Dialogue and then speakers.
(21-Dec-2016, 01:25)mwelp Wrote: I ordered my new Dialog recently and it came. I was told it would work with Airplay. I"m not sure how to make it work to play Apple TV sound. There are no instructions for this. Is it an app on Apple TV? I have only used Airplay to direct audio or visual from my computer TO my Apple TV. Don't have experience directing it FROM Apple TV to Dialogue and then speakers.

AppleTV allows you to connect to Airplay stereo speakers from the general settings. From using the 3rd gen ATV, I recall this option being under the Airplay menu.

Otherwise you can always connect to Phantoms from AppleTV via direct Bluetooth connection.
(21-Dec-2016, 20:03)kameraguy Wrote:
(21-Dec-2016, 01:25)mwelp Wrote: I ordered my new Dialog recently and it came.  I was told it would work with Airplay.  I"m not sure how to make it work to play Apple TV sound.  There are no instructions for this.  Is it an app on Apple TV?  I have only used Airplay to direct audio or visual from my computer TO my Apple TV.  Don't have experience directing it FROM Apple TV to Dialogue and then speakers.

AppleTV allows you to connect to Airplay stereo speakers from the general settings. From using the 3rd gen ATV, I recall this option being under the Airplay menu.

Otherwise you can always connect to Phantoms from AppleTV via direct Bluetooth connection.

The HDMI out of my apple TV gen 4 goes to my HDMI/OPTICAL switch then through my room correction box to the Dialog optical in, so AIRPLAY works fine with no upgraded/updated Dialog... the HDMI/OPTICAL switch inputs also are connected to my Amazon Fire, Marantz AVP, etc so all my AV sources are switched as desired to the Dialog.
Levinson 33 amps, Wilson Grand Slamm S3's, Levinson 32 ref pre and ad/da, Basis Ovation and Rega 40 with JSpall custom tone arms, Lyra, Ortofon & Grado cartridges, Marantz AV 8801, PSAudio phono pre, Devialet Dialog w  5 Gold Phantoms, Wilson powered subwoofer, Watch center, Wilson surrounds, Kaleidescape Movie server, Crestron AV controller and switch, 120 MBS docsis3 modem, 20 MBS xdsl modem, Peplink balance 20 router, Ruckus 802.11ac Wave 2 WAPS plus multi Pakedge WAPs, 48 port POE gigabit switch, NetGear 8TB NAS, Amazon Fire,ROKU and Apple TV gen 4, 12 core Mac Pro, Macbook Air Retina, 65" and 50" Runco TV's. Blue sound node 2, OPPO BDP105D, DSpeaker AntiMode 2.0, Octava HDMI/Optical switch, cabling Nordost for analog, Cardas and wireworld for digital/optical.
the airplay setting in ATV will reset after switching off. Kind of annoying
One quick question. As you are using the integrated AirPlay. Does it allow to change volume within the App you are using (e.g. the Apple TV Remote)? It is one of the major annoyances that you need Spark (or Phantom App) to change volume.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)