Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
440 master standby and companion off ??
Recently received my 440 Pro from the dealer. Noticed yesterday, that the master had 10.0.2 software (400 w) and the companion had 10.0.4 software (430 w) - upgraded both to software 10.0.5.
Before the upgrade when both set in standby mode (short pres on the on/off button on the remote), both dimmed the display - after the upgrade, the master dim the display, but the companion turn the display completely off.
I use the daisy chain (trigger cable) between the units, and has one input active on the companion.

Any solutions to get the dimmed display back on both when in standby mode?

Best wishes; Jens
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro Core Infinity, 2 x Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable, 2 x 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze Isolator Pods, AudioQuest WEL Signature Digital RCA-RCA / SimAudio MOON NEO 260D CD Transport, Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable, 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze Isolator Pods, AudioQuest Wild Digital AES/EBU / Rega RP10 w. Aphelion Pickup, Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable / Innuos Statement 4TB, Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable, 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bourdeaux IsoAcoustics Isolator Pods + 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Indigo IsoAcoustics Isolator Pods , TelluriumQ Silver Diamond USB / Bowers & Wilkins 800 D3, IsoAcoustics Gaia I Isolator Pods, TelluriumQ Statement Speaker Cable and Jumpers / B&W DB1D, Nordost TYR2 Power Cable, 2 x AudioQuest Wild Dog Analog RCA-RCA / AudioQuest Niagra 7000 Low-Z Power Noise-Dissipation System, Nordost Valhalla2 Power Cable, 4 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bourdeaux Isolator Pods  / 3 x Dedicated 16 AMP power line with Furutec FT-SWS NCF Wall socket / Supra Ethernet 8 cables and AQVOX AQ-Switch SE.
Mine both have the display dimmed, I use the trigger cable to, must be something in the config.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
On my 1000 Pro with 10.0.5 the companion display goes off in standby mode so I think that is what is supposed to happen
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
On my dealers 1000 Pro with 10.0.5 the companion display also goes off in standby mode, so it can happen it is normal with the dual Pro range.

If any with dual Pro models with SW 10.0.5 has dimmed displays in both units when they are set in stand-by, please let me know.

Best wishes; Jens
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro Core Infinity, 2 x Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable, 2 x 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze Isolator Pods, AudioQuest WEL Signature Digital RCA-RCA / SimAudio MOON NEO 260D CD Transport, Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable, 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze Isolator Pods, AudioQuest Wild Digital AES/EBU / Rega RP10 w. Aphelion Pickup, Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable / Innuos Statement 4TB, Nordost Tyr2 Power Cable, 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bourdeaux IsoAcoustics Isolator Pods + 3 x IsoAcoustics Orea Indigo IsoAcoustics Isolator Pods , TelluriumQ Silver Diamond USB / Bowers & Wilkins 800 D3, IsoAcoustics Gaia I Isolator Pods, TelluriumQ Statement Speaker Cable and Jumpers / B&W DB1D, Nordost TYR2 Power Cable, 2 x AudioQuest Wild Dog Analog RCA-RCA / AudioQuest Niagra 7000 Low-Z Power Noise-Dissipation System, Nordost Valhalla2 Power Cable, 4 x IsoAcoustics Orea Bourdeaux Isolator Pods  / 3 x Dedicated 16 AMP power line with Furutec FT-SWS NCF Wall socket / Supra Ethernet 8 cables and AQVOX AQ-Switch SE.
Strange. My Pro 1000 (10.0.7) leaves the Master dimmed and the Comp display off. As always the companion is not in true standby and is a good few degrees hotter than the Master. Are you saying that your Comp amp actually goes into proper standby? As ever a long press on the Master D-button will switch the display off.
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK     
Hi, are you sure the tripper cable plug into correct socket? as the master tripper cable should plug into lower socket and the slave should plug into upper socket. i did it wrong before as well! Big Grin
I have 2 configurations for my O d'A, depending whether I am using my horns or conventional speakers.
I have no idea how it happened but with one config both displays are dimmed, with the other only the master is dimmed and the slave is off.
I found it odd but haven't let it bother me!
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I make only a quick press on the on/off button on the remote, and master get dimmed and the companion switch completely off its display. A long press on the remote turn both displays off.
The link cable is connected right (lower to upper).
I have the units mounted on the wall with the wallmounts and 25 cm apart. It looks a bit stange with only one dimmed display, and would certenly preferencer both with a dimmed display ... it would look nicier Wink
(10-Dec-2016, 22:32)JensRoland Wrote: I make only a quick press on the on/off button on the remote, and master get dimmed and the companion switch completely off its display. A long press on the remote turn both displays off.
The link cable is connected right (lower to upper).
I have the units mounted on the wall with the wallmounts and 25 cm apart. It looks a bit stange with only one dimmed display, and would certenly preferencer both with a dimmed display ... it would look nicier Wink

OT, but could we have some pictures please, Jens? It would be nice to see what two on the wall look like.  Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I recall that this issue came up a long time ago, unfortunately we never resolved it then either!

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...audioprana
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12