Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgraded 250Pro registering as D-Premier
(10-Dec-2016, 02:46)Celts88 Wrote: Pim

I've got some PSC Power Cord's, but wanted to see if the Audioquest PC's improved over them or not.

Which power strip did you buy, I've got some Consonance PW-1 & PW-3 boards

Just some nameless Ebay one. If I were to spend any serious money on power it would be a power conditioner. Not cables or a power strip.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Did you actually get a new remote like others did? Would be a hard one for Devialet getting you a matt black one.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Celts,

Is there any chance that you need to delete your current/ old Dev and then register the new amp? I did it that way without trying to register a 'new' amp. Just a thought. Perhaps their system is smart enough to know that you can't have the same amp, even if upgraded, registered twice.

The power cord provided is a disappointment, but I think it is an inexpensive item; I have heard cords make a difference, but personally, I doubt the bottom of the ladder cords provides any benefit other than aesthetic.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Mine won't register either - says invalid serial.

Logged a ticket with D.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(11-Dec-2016, 21:46)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Did you actually get a new remote like others did? Would be a hard one for Devialet getting you a matt black one.
Pim

Nope, same remote just different serial number (wasn't expecting a new remote so no worries).

Would have been nice to get the Audioquest Power Cords rather than the kettle cords (I know they will say not stipulated in upgrade wording, but then others have been given them so they must feel it's worth it just for the PR).

(11-Dec-2016, 23:31)Damon Wrote: Celts,

Is there any chance that you need to delete your current/ old Dev and then register the new amp? I did it that way without trying to register a 'new' amp. Just a thought. Perhaps their system is smart enough to know that you can't have the same amp, even if upgraded, registered twice.

The power cord provided is a disappointment, but I think it is an inexpensive item; I have heard cords make a difference, but personally, I doubt the bottom of the ladder cords provides any benefit other than aesthetic.
Damon

I've deleted my D-P from my account, but doesn't accept my 250Pro serial number (still says invalid). Doesn't make any sense why it would accept registration of the serial no. where I substitute the G for a 6 - it accepts an incorrect serial no., but won't accept the correct one.

The inconsistency of who get's what type of cables / power cords is more the issue. May be inexpensive for yourself, but I'm upgrading twice and 2 x kettle cords are no good to me (I could use the Audioquest Power Cords somewhere else in my system if I don't want to use them for my 250Pro's). 

(12-Dec-2016, 00:04)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Mine won't register either - says invalid serial.

Logged a ticket with D.

Interested to hear how you get on, I've had no reply to my ticket (raised 4 days ago, but do realise there's been a weekend in between). Tried giving Devialet a call, but only get the French recording when phoning up (no surprise as realise I'm phoning a French tel. no.). Also tried the UK & USA tel no's (curious to see what they say), but these just went through a list of choices, but none of them went to an actual person, just asked myself to leave a message.
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
C88,

I don't disagree with you about the consistency and the power cord delivery. I only wanted to say that it is likely a minor loss.

RE serial number. Is there any chance that the serial number on the amp is different from the number on the back of the new manual? I used the number on the manual. Just to note, it was almost identical to the D120 number except that the letter, second from the last letter, was an F rather than an E. That makes me think that I made a mistake when I registered my D120 20 months ago.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Damon

Realise you didn't mean anything by your comment re the Power Cords.

Regarding the serial number, I'm using the one physically written on the back of the 250Pro and shown in the display, which the Devialet site says is invalid   Huh

1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Hi. I think you have to change the model in the configurator from D- premier to 250 pro. You see your model at the right side above the download button. Then you have to make a complete new configuration also.

Your first D- premier is already registrated at Devialet with serialnumber.
I hade the same issue after my upgrade from 200 to 220 pro.

Hope you sort this out  Smile
NORWAY
Devialet 200 - Marten Design Django XL - Squeeze Touch - VPI Traveler
(12-Dec-2016, 11:47)fugazi Wrote: Hi. I think you have to change the model in the configurator from D- premier to 250 pro. You see your model at the right side above the download button. Then you have to make a complete new configuration also.

Your first D- premier is already registrated at Devialet with serialnumber.
I hade the same issue after my upgrade from 200 to 220 pro.

Hope you sort this out  Smile

Fugazi

Thanks for the info, I had previously deleted my registration of the D-Premier (pre upgrade), and deleted all D-Premier Configurations (I've made a new 250Pro Configuration, which I'm using at present with my new 250Pro).

That didn't make any difference and am currently waiting for Devialet Support to follow up my ticket. I may have to wait for Devialet to internally unregister my previous D-Premier with serial number 01273 from their system before I can register the upgraded 250Pro with 'G1' suffix.

No big deal, but would be nice to have my new 250Pro registered against myself on the Devialet system

Australia (Perth)
(12-Dec-2016, 04:09)Celts88 Wrote:
(12-Dec-2016, 00:04)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Mine won't register either - says invalid serial.

Logged a ticket with D.

Interested to hear how you get on, I've had no reply to my ticket (raised 4 days ago, but do realise there's been a weekend in between). Tried giving Devialet a call, but only get the French recording when phoning up (no surprise as realise I'm phoning a French tel. no.). Also tried the UK & USA tel no's (curious to see what they say), but these just went through a list of choices, but none of them went to an actual person, just asked myself to leave a message.

I was told to try dropping the leading zero as the website sometimes doesn't take it. Well actually the serial they said to try had two digits missing, but when queried they said just drop the zero so maybe was a typo. Haven't tried yet.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<