Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgraded 250Pro registering as D-Premier
Just tried and it works fine here. Added a new Expert and used the exact serial number displayed in the info menu (with one leading zero and a small letter g) and it added it and recognized it being a 250 Pro. Then deleted the "old" D250.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Ok so the confusion was mines got two leading zeros. Anyway, omitting one or both still didn't work.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Doesn't matter if I try:
  • 16/48 001273G1
  • 16/48 001273g1
  • 16/48 01273G1
  • 16/48 01273g1
  • 16/48 1273G1
  • 16/48 1273g1
  • 001273G1
  • 001273g1
  • 01273G1
  • 01273g1
  • 1273G1
  • 1273g1
None of these work

Isn't this a major surprise that Devialet won't even allow a newly upgraded Expert to be registered with the actual serial number written on their own label of the Expert and shown on the display.

Keep up the good work Devialet, you install confidence in everything you touch - NOT (at least the 250Pro sounds amazing, so what will a 1000Pro set-up sound like, I can't imagine how it becomes better)
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(12-Dec-2016, 07:44)Celts88 Wrote: Damon
Realise you didn't mean anything by your comment re the Power Cords.

No, I wasn't being condescending or critical. I was hoping to make the lack of the AQ power cord less of a disappointment to you. I looked it up online and I think its only about a $75 cord. But thanks for checking back on that.

Anyhow, I hope you get the serial number & registration thing sorted easily. I wonder if it related to the D. Prem. being their first product. Perhaps there has been some change in the number of products, or in their serial number database.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(12-Dec-2016, 16:19)Celts88 Wrote: None of these work

I've been told D are looking into it as it seems there's an issue their end....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(12-Dec-2016, 22:17)Damon Wrote:
(12-Dec-2016, 07:44)Celts88 Wrote: Damon
Realise you didn't mean anything by your comment re the Power Cords.

No, I wasn't being condescending or critical. I was hoping to make the lack of the AQ power cord less of a disappointment to you. I looked it up online and I think its only about a $75 cord. But thanks for checking back on that.

Anyhow, I hope you get the serial number & registration thing sorted easily. I wonder if it related to the D. Prem. being their first product. Perhaps there has been some change in the number of products, or in their serial number database.

Answer back from Devialet Support:
  • [Image: Logo_Devialet.png]
    Ming MingYesterday at 18:51
    Dear John,

Your ticket is well received.

I am checking the SN of your 250Pro and will get back to you accordingly.

Regarding the power cable, for customers using CH, CN, AU, JP style of power cords, we supply an usual standard cable and not an AudioQuest one. Although the power cable currently on your hand is a standard cable, it is a brand new and the previously one was replaced after the upgrade.

Thank you for your attention.

Ming Ming | Customer service & support DevialetCustomer Service Line:

So Devialet have exchanged my old Kettle Power Cord for a new Kettle Power Cord - what a company, they leave nothing to chance to enhance their sold PR reputation  Dodgy
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
Try now. I was told to try again as they fixed something their end.

Went through first time with all zeroes included.

Lost the picture that was next to the registered 200. I guess the 250Pro no longer exists to the point they won't allow its image to appear on screen Wink

Now when I go to register my 250Pro (S/N 01273G1) it says "A registered product with that serial number already exists."

Back to another ticket for Devialet Support  Rolleyes

Australia (Perth)