Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
master / slave digital cable for 440Pro
(09-Dec-2016, 16:48)Wdw Wrote:   I seem to recall a post stating the new master/slave digital cable is an Audioquest Carbon replacing the Crystal I had for the 400s.  The upgrade has the same Crystal...no worries just wondering if I am mistaken (a reasonable hypothesis) or they have run out of the newer cable

Warren

I also received a Crystal cable, but I do not use like B'dog I use a RCA - XLR cable.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

There you go Warren, it's official, start checking out XLR - RCA cables!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(09-Dec-2016, 23:20)baddog Wrote: Hah hah - I had the Acoustic Revive LAN Isolator, but I sold it before I got my Devialets. Where do you connect yours?

actually bought it from Rufus on this site...use at the Devialet end of the Cat6 running from my Macbook using Air...noticeable improvement when moving to Air and ethernet..recommended.
One thing occurs to me reading these posts, I presume most D400 users received the Chrystal cable when originally buying the 400, or maybe when upgrading by buying a companion?  I also presume that D400 owners sent the Chrystal cable back with the amps when they were sent for the 440 Pro upgrade?  If so, is this not just a case of owners getting their old Crystal cable back?  Did anyone send the 400 back without the old Crystal cable but still received one back with the 440 Pro? Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(10-Dec-2016, 10:31)Confused Wrote:  Did anyone send the 400 back without the old Crystal cable but still received one back with the 440 Pro? Shy

Yes I forgot to pack the Crystal Cable as I was not using it, I did receive a new Crystal Cable so now I have 2 of them Dodgy

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(10-Dec-2016, 10:31)Confused Wrote: One thing occurs to me reading these posts, I presume most D400 users received the Chrystal cable when originally buying the 400, or maybe when upgrading by buying a companion?  I also presume that D400 owners sent the Chrystal cable back with the amps when they were sent for the 440 Pro upgrade?  If so, is this not just a case of owners getting their old Crystal cable back?  Did anyone send the 400 back without the old Crystal cable but still received one back with the 440 Pro? Shy

I think the OP is getting confused. The amps came back with Audioquest mains cables, not interconnects.

I sent my 400s back with exactly what they wanted, which didn't include interconnects, so I've ended up with two crystals as they sent one back with the upgraded amps. Bloody right too, considering the price. And if you're going to go the whole way: new boxes, manuals, mains cables, gloves and guarantee etc., it would be silly to spoil the ship for a 'haporth of tar, and not supply them!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(10-Dec-2016, 12:48)Axel Wrote:
(10-Dec-2016, 10:31)Confused Wrote: One thing occurs to me reading these posts, I presume most D400 users received the Chrystal cable when originally buying the 400, or maybe when upgrading by buying a companion?  I also presume that D400 owners sent the Chrystal cable back with the amps when they were sent for the 440 Pro upgrade?  If so, is this not just a case of owners getting their old Crystal cable back?  Did anyone send the 400 back without the old Crystal cable but still received one back with the 440 Pro? Shy

I think the OP is getting confused. The amps came back with Audioquest mains cables, not interconnects.

I sent my 400s back with exactly what they wanted, which didn't include interconnects, so I've ended up with two crystals as they sent one back with the upgraded amps. Bloody right too, considering the price. And if you're going to go the whole way: new boxes, manuals, mains cables, gloves manuals and guarantee etc., it would be silly to spoil the ship for a 'haporth of tar, and not supply them!

Tis true...was confused but just loving this upgrade.
Best
Warren
(11-Dec-2016, 01:32)Wdw Wrote:

I sent my 400s back with exactly what they wanted, which didn't include interconnects, so I've ended up with two crystals as they sent one back with the upgraded amps. Bloody right too, considering the price. And if you're going to go the whole way: new boxes, manuals, mains cables, gloves manuals and guarantee etc., it would be silly to spoil the ship for a 'haporth of tar, and not supply them!

Tis true...was confused but just loving this upgrade.
Best
Warren

That's all that matters, Warren. I hope you keep on on enjoying your 440!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(10-Dec-2016, 12:47)BrianT Wrote:
(10-Dec-2016, 10:31)Confused Wrote:  Did anyone send the 400 back without the old Crystal cable but still received one back with the 440 Pro? Shy

Yes I forgot to pack the Crystal Cable as I was not using it, I did receive a new Crystal Cable so now I have 2 of them Dodgy

Brian

I only put in the original powercables with my 400 no Crystalcable and I got the new Audioquest RCA-RCA cable. I kept everything expect the powercables from my 400 nice to have more gloves and kleeningcloths.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I sent my 400s back with exactly what they wanted, which didn't include interconnects, so I've ended up with two crystals as they sent one back with the upgraded amps. Bloody right too, considering the price. And if you're going to go the whole way: new boxes, manuals, mains cables, gloves and guarantee etc., it would be silly to spoil the ship for a 'haporth of tar, and not supply them!

I am not sure if the OP is all that confused.  For the record, my 1000 Pro came with a very nice Audioquest Carbon cable for the master companion link, and also for the trigger cable. (which is a bit OTT)  This was a new 1000 Pro and my 'part exchange' D800 went back with it's Crystal cable for the new owner to enjoy.   So obtaining a sneaky extra Crystal cable perhaps shows one potential benefit of getting the upgrade rather than part exchanging.  It is also worth noting that the Audioquest Carbon cable supplied for the master companion link is directional, and if you use the inputs on the companion, this cable has to work in the 'wrong' direction.  Oh the utter horror!  Ironically my nice new Audioquest Carbon cable is sat in a box waiting for me to decide where to use it, I am running the Audioprana RCA to AES cable for the master companion link.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12