Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the currently Phantom and AirPlay future proof?
A guy wants to listen to my two Phantom Silver tomorrow and if he likes the sound, he will buy the Phantoms and Dialog at a good price.

Only thing holding me back: Is the new AirPlay Dialog and Phantom Gold future proof for cinema/surround or do they need a new upgrade? I have read about licens for surround somewhere Devialet is working on.

I listen to music through Spark with Tidal and I like the AirPlay Dialog function, so I dont need to use the optical for movies. But It would really be sad, when they add surround and currently Phantom Gold and AirPlay Dialog dont support that. Maybe a Dialog cinema is coming later and thats okay as long the Phantom Gold support it.

Sorry for my bad english
2 x Devialet Phantom Gold / Branch + Dialog
Pioneer KRP-600M 60" Plasma Tv
I think that current phantoms somehow will be part of a future surround system (but not the dialog). BUT: there's no such thing as "future proof" in tech and specifically with Devialet, it seems that there's a gap between what Devialet *say* they are going to do and what they *actual* do (and when). So I would definitely only buy a set of phantoms / dialog, if I felt that what they do right now is worth the money (I did buy them and I do think they are worth it).

Br,
Martin
I don't see how the current Dialog would work with a TV if there is no HDMI with CEC.
I tried once to use a Tos-link cable between the TV and the speakers and i felt like i was back to the 90's with an audio setup that was not handle by the TV
(10-Dec-2016, 22:03)daibaron Wrote: I don't see how the current Dialog would work with a TV if there is no HDMI with CEC.
I tried once to use a Tos-link cable between the TV and the speakers and i felt like i was back to the 90's with an audio setup that was not handle by the TV

By me it functions flawlesly with my TV!!!
No doubt it works but by the 90's way... the Phantom is no piloted by the Tv.
I once tried to use the Bluetooth connection with my Samsung Tv unfortunately i was only able to connect 1/2 Phantom
Definitely not. Especially with the announcement of the new Bluetooth5
We might see "new generation" Phantoms by years end lolSmile