Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom - Stand attachment point
Section 75 of the consumer credit act.
I stand corrected. Not withstanding this, I still have issue with one part of the Devialet group taking cards and another not.
I think that they were saying that they would deliver free to you if they could avoid paying full credit card charges. I may be wrong.

I'm sure that they would have taken your card if you had been willing to pay the the full charge plus shipping. Again, I may be wrong.

As to whether they should be charging that much for the stands when you have already bought the speakers; they may be wrong.
I have just ordered a pair through the online Devialet store on my credit card and with free delivery. Seems a bit daft that the Westfield store wouldn't do this given they are part of the same lot. I agree about the cost but I have had a couple of scares with daughters almost knocking them off the stands I have been using.
(14-Dec-2016, 01:30)Gremlin Wrote: I think that they were saying that they would deliver free to you if they could avoid paying full credit card charges. I may be wrong.

I'm sure that they would have taken your card if you had been willing to pay the the full charge plus shipping. Again, I may be wrong.

As to whether they should be charging that much for the stands when you have already bought the speakers; they may be wrong.

(16-Dec-2016, 21:05)Rodrat2 Wrote: I have just ordered a pair through the online Devialet store on my credit card and with free delivery. Seems a bit daft that the Westfield store wouldn't do this given they are part of the same lot. I agree about the cost but I have had a couple of scares with daughters almost knocking them off the stands I have been using.

Excellent. I'm glad that it worked out for you in the end. Please let us know how you get on with them, build quality etc.

Odd about Westfield. Perhaps you should let HQ know?
(16-Dec-2016, 21:05)Rodrat2 Wrote: I agree about the cost but I have had a couple of scares with daughters almost knocking them off the stands I have been using.

Beware, the Devialet stands are not very child safe either, unless you fix them to the floor in some way.
If your daughter is still young, I would more concerned about the Phantom falling on their feet than the Phantom itself. I'm thinking deep bruises or even broken foot bones which are not fun. Smile
Well, I attempted to source a large piece of oak to build a stand out of.  I didn't have much luck locally though I may have given up too easy. While I was searching, Devialet released more Tree stands on thier site. Rather than fuss with finding the wood, staining it, fabbing a bracket, etc, I just bought a tree Smile

I have since received my phantom and, wow. I was a little concerned just how good this thing would be given the size. Well, no worry was needed. Firing it up instantly brought a smile to my face. It's really amazing how clear and tight the music is. Not to mention the bass can rattle my house with ease. I know it's a bit of a party trick but it's a lot of fun either way  Tongue

I've got a trial subscription for tidal going and plan to spend the holiday comparing it to Apple Music (via an airport express and airplay).  I'll get some pics up when the tree shows up.
My daughter is 23. If it falls on her foot it will be just revenge for not looking where she is going.
(17-Dec-2016, 03:03)Gremlin Wrote: Excellent. I'm glad that it worked out for you in the end. Please let us know how you get on with them, build quality etc.

Odd about Westfield. Perhaps you should let HQ know?

A while ago the Devialet UK guys told me that Devialet UK was effectively a subsidiary with its own profits target. I guess they cannot vary core pricing but maybe they look at peripheral pricing as well as volume and cost to squeeze out more profit.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England