Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stand mount loudspeaker suggestions?
Hi,

I am in the hunt for some really hi end (sound reproduction ability if more correct) loudspeakers and are looking for suggestions. I have closed down my quest for floor standers even if I long had a good eye for the SF Amati Futura just to let you know about my investment potential.
Foremost I am looking for top notch stand mounted speakers.
Coming from disappointing demos of both the SF Guarneri Evo and Raidho D1, both demoed with Devialet, I am a bit lost for what to look for.
I had 30 min listen on the Mythology M1 and liked it but long term pleasure from the supertweeter as someone comment here on the forum?

Did anyone tried MBL Radialstrahler 120?

Suggestions welcome!

Thanks/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
I would consider a Vivid Audio G3 or G4. Both have SAM support and are a perfect match with the Devialet. But not everyone likes the look...
Hey Mike can you tell us a bit more about the disappointing demos? That might help us in pointing you in the right direction.

Cheers

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hi Mike,
I can really recommend the Franco Serblin Accordo, they sounds fantastic with Dev200.
They will also have SAM support soon Big Grin
Cheers /Peter
(22-Oct-2014, 14:24)pether Wrote: Hi Mike,
I can really recommend the Franco Serblin Accordo, they sounds fantastic with Dev200.
Cheers /Peter

I can only imagine they will sound even better with the D400! Big Grin

Another alternative worth considering might be the Wilson Audio Duette 2. When I last heard them I actually thought they sounded better than my Sophia 3s which I owned at the time.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hi All so far responders and many thanks for the input!

I like the Giyas but only heard G1 and G2, very nice transducers.
But I would prefer stand mounts due to risk of loading the room with low freq. I can survive without the last octave and rather have tight, dynamic and resolved base/bass a bit up in the freq. The Oval range didn't really struck a cord with me.

I actually had a listen to the Accordo before the Mythos M1 (which was quite better than the Accordo but at more than the double price).
The Accordo was a very nice loudspeaker and I feel that you would never have listener fatigue. Fantastic balanced behavior but I missed the last freedom on top and ability to leave the loudspeakers (like the Mythos M1 did). I listened to both with D400.

About the SF, I just didn't like the midrange reproduction as it was forced and stood out compared to the rest of the freq range, but I also felt it was slightly underpowered by a 200. Actually the midrange of the Amati Futura that I tested at the same time had the right balance and sounded more like a small monitor speaker.
The Raidhos had to stand so far out in the room to be balanced that I would never be able to place them in my home. The also were a bit on the dark side (despite the Nordost internal cabling) otherwise superb dynamics and the bass response I liked too.

Keep your suggestions coming please!

Cheers/Mike

(22-Oct-2014, 14:34)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(22-Oct-2014, 14:24)pether Wrote: Hi Mike,
Cheers /Peter

I can only imagine they will sound even better with the D400! Big Grin

Another alternative worth considering might be the Wilson Audio Duette 2. When I last heard them I actually thought they sounded better than my Sophia 3s which I owned at the time.

Guillaume
G,

I also like Wilson a lot and always had a keen eye to the Duette 1. Sophia 3 is a big favorite and not to mentioning the Sasha. Didn't listen to the new Sasha, or is it out yet?
To compare, I would prefer in most areas Amati Futura to the Sophia 3 but it is a close call, Sasha would take them both. I could live with both sound signatures.
Still didn't listen to the Duette 2's but I now realize I have to, thanks for the suggestion.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
How about the Atohm GT1 mentioned elsewhere? They are SAMed, and seem to be very highly regarded everywhere... And maybe you can save some money for music!
Well, in this rarefied price category, I quite like my Magico Q1 speakers. I was looking for something compact, visually understated, for a smaller room. I have been quite pleased with the match made by the Devialet 250. I will note that I prefer SAM dialed back to 10%, but your mileage may vary.
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
I can't remember what stand mount it was but I heard an MBL stand mount a few years back and it had an amazing feeling of openness. I can't remember them having tight bass or even what their sound signature was like but they do definitely have something other speaker don't have. If I had the money I would certainly give them a shot.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Another speaker that won't load the room with bass but sounds very musical (though not a stand mount) is the Magnepan 1.7. Don't let the low price fool you; they are seriously good.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.