Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver Phantoms keeps cutting out for short periodes
Question 
Hi people

I'm wondering if I'm the only one with this problem or not. So I have my Samsung TVs OneConnect box connected optically to my Dialog, and has been experiencing cut out from both speakers from 0,5 to 2 seconds when using the optical source on the Dialog. When I'm using Spotify over Airplay, there are no issues at all, but the cut out problem has made it impossible to use the speakers with my TV, Chromecast etc. It is just to annoying. Before the recent update, it was really bad, but after the update it seems to have gotten a bit better.

I find this issue very strange, since Spotify is playing perfect ALL the time. Devialet don't seem to have much clue on what is causing it, they sent me a new Dialog, but it has the same issue. If I connect optically to one of the Phantoms, it works perfect, but since I don't have my Phantoms in the same room as my sources, this don't really help me much.

Has anyone been experiencing the same? The cut outs can be just one speaker, or both speakers at the same time, this seems completely random.
It's a problem with the Dialog, there are quite a few posts here already on this. Not sure if they will ever fix it properly but you should lodge a support issue with them so it stays high on their list.
(15-Dec-2016, 04:31)stevec Wrote: It's a problem with the Dialog, there are quite a few posts here already on this. Not sure if they will ever fix it properly but you should lodge a support issue with them so it stays high on their list.

What I find so strange, is that if I use the optic connection on the Phantom itself, it works perfect, even if it still has to use the Dialog to get stereo.
Yes I haven't used the Dialog optical input for months. I just bought longer optical cables and use both Phantoms optical inputs. Luckily the auto switch works well. Otherwise the Dialog does what it needs to do, sit there looking pretty.
Hi
The optical connection in the dialog is not stable as such... Your best option is to connect your TV to one of the phantom.
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
I have just had my Dialog replaced because it was cutting out, I thought at first it was fixed but it has started cutting out again today! I had to wait a month for the replacement so I think I will just have to live with it
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Try switch off both your router and Dialog from the sockets. Leave them for about a minute. Then try link them up again. See if it helps
I have this too. Replacing the dialog didn't help. But same as with you, connecting the toslink to the phantoms works great...
2 Phantom Gold's + Dialog. Sony Bravia TV + Mopidy server (Mac Mini playing from a network connected 4bay QNAP NAS) + Minix Neo U1 + Lindy A/D convertor connected through a Lindy 4x1 Optical switch.