Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does your Phantom (Gold) have a hum/buzz?
Don't expect anything - in particular don't expect a device exchange...
4 x Gold Phantom via LAN, 2 x Silver Phantom via LAN, Dialog, Remote, Tidal HiFi (Masters/MQA), Bluesound node II (TOS-link to Dialog, MQA), Roon (Mac)
(15-Feb-2017, 17:03)Taucher669 Wrote: Don't expect anything - in particular don't expect a device exchange...

Why not? They've exchanged my Silvers because of the noise.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
And mine too.
Actually, that is a culprit here: Devialet is relatively good company, they do fixes, exchanges and admit the flaws that sometimes happen to all the equipment we use. It is only the "startup" idea that you can sell unfinished products to your customers and use them as guinea pigs is driving me crazy. I am 99.999% sure that they know about these flaws and just chose not to fix it in a given timeline.
Dmitrek,
Devilaet exchanged your Phantoms.
Do you have now "silent" Phantoms without the buzz?
(15-Feb-2017, 17:45)ragwo Wrote:
(15-Feb-2017, 17:03)Taucher669 Wrote: Don't expect anything - in particular don't expect a device exchange...

Why not? They've exchanged my Silvers because of the noise.

Wow ....that's really great! Ok, probably the volume of the noise varies from device to device. My 3 Phantoms are from 3 different charges but all 3 are only audible if I put my ear right on the Phantom. (During this my ear is still attached to my head :-) )
4 x Gold Phantom via LAN, 2 x Silver Phantom via LAN, Dialog, Remote, Tidal HiFi (Masters/MQA), Bluesound node II (TOS-link to Dialog, MQA), Roon (Mac)
For me it's audible from 5 meters distance (in a quit room).
(16-Feb-2017, 08:34)MKBS Wrote: Dmitrek,
Devilaet exchanged your Phantoms.
Do you have now "silent" Phantoms without the buzz?

It was Silvers, and I've sold them later. Yes, I've got models without tweeter noise.
(05-Apr-2017, 21:26)ragwo Wrote: Devialet just confirmed an exchange of my Gold Phantom's because of the PSU noise. The whole process took under a week from reporting the problem. Really good service! Smile

Guess I'll have a talk with my store first and see what they say about it.

Now tho, is the problem gone, same, less or more?
How do you do this? I am waiting several months for an answer about the noise...