Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use Le 220 Pro as master with Le 200 companion?
Can someone help me on this,

I have two setups, a Le 120 (bedroom) and Le 400 (main set up).

If I upgrade the Le 120 to a 220 pro, will I be able to use it as a master with my Le 200 as slave? (main setup)

In which case I can use the Le 200 master in the bedroom?
Any opinions, can this work? Cant afford the Le 400 upggrde ...  Smile
Even if it would be technically possible, it does not seem to make sense in light of reports of significant sound change.
I would not do it even if slightest difference between pro and non-pro.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(17-Dec-2016, 08:37)maxijazz Wrote: Even if it would be technically possible, it does not seem to make sense in light of reports of significant sound change.
I would not do it even if slightest difference between pro and non-pro.

Thx maxijazz

I agree in principal that its not a good idea....maybe the idle mind   Smile

Was just wondering of the advantage i may extract from DAC Magic Wire, RAM Phono stage.
From what I understand the magic wire of BOTH units will be used. One left and one right. So you will end up with something pretty unbalanced, IF it even works.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I would guess that the firmware would prevent it working. And it would be odd sounding if it did work. What speakers do you have attached to both setups?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(17-Dec-2016, 12:06)Soniclife Wrote: I would guess that the firmware would prevent it working.  And it would be odd sounding if it did work.  What speakers do you have attached to both setups?

Hi Soniclife,

The Le 400 drives SF Olympica II

The Le 120 drives Atohm GT 1
(17-Dec-2016, 12:49)kunal Wrote:
(17-Dec-2016, 12:06)Soniclife Wrote: I would guess that the firmware would prevent it working.  And it would be odd sounding if it did work.  What speakers do you have attached to both setups?

Hi Soniclife,

Both lovely systems, does either system feel like it's not quite performing at it's best? Have you been able to dem the difference?
Without getting into technical, i will say that it wont work my friend

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
(17-Dec-2016, 14:44)Soniclife Wrote:
(17-Dec-2016, 12:49)kunal Wrote:

Hi Soniclife,

Both lovely systems, does either system feel like it's not quite performing at it's best? Have you been able to dem the difference?

I am very happy with the 120+ Atohm set-up, but some were something is missing in the SF which I am unable to figure out. 
I expected better imaging and tonality (involvement). Have the Christmas holidays for experimenting, Any suggestions/ help?
(20-Dec-2016, 05:58)kunal Wrote: I am very happy with the 120+ Atohm set-up, but some were something is missing in the SF which I am unable to figure out. 
I expected better imaging and tonality (involvement). Have the Christmas holidays for experimenting, Any suggestions/ help?

I think there is a good chance the 440 upgrade would fix the missing something from the SFs, but there is also a good chance it's something else and it wouldn't. Tricky dilemma, especially with the 120 upgrade offer. A dem is not possible?