Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog reset methods not working
Hi all,

I've been reading on this forum for quite some and since yesterday I own two silver Phantoms and a Dialog. The initial setup went very well but after one hour of listening the dialog lost connection and I did not manage to get it working again. I tried both ways to reset (normal reset and factory reset) the Dialog but both methods did not work and did not change the status light of the Dialog. The Dialog is not blinking and the light is constant white. It is correctly connected to my router. Is there any other method to reset Dialog? Spark just cannot find Dialog and the resets do not work at all.

Best regards
strobotobi
Your phone is connected the right network when you open Spark? Caught me out a few times

Also follow reset process with care - each and every step is important

Pull all plugs out of speakers dialogue airport express if used, and main router

Wait a min and plug router in
When fully restated and connected to network -
If used Plug airport express and wait till fully restarted
Then plug dialogue and wait for it to stop flashing white - when solid white press 3 times and wait for light to stop blinking
Then plug phantoms and wait for singing - then press each button 3 times to reset (satisfying click and wonder wobble)
Then open Spark and click START......

Think that's it - there are some official instructions somewhere Smile

Good luck - they are worth when you crack it!!!
(17-Dec-2016, 16:59)Jamington2004 Wrote: Your phone is connected the right network when you open Spark? Caught me out a few times

Also follow reset process with care - each and every step is important

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Sadly none of the reset methods worked and I tried them all more than ten times very carefully. These are the two official methods: 
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...and-Dialog-
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...y-settings-

The thing is: My dialog does not respond at all to the resets. The light stays constant white and does not flash. It doesn't even flash when I unplug it and replug to the power outlet. I also checked my router settings, different ports and different cables. When I connect the Dialog via Ethernet to my router the light on my router indicates that there is a connection at this port but in the router's web interface the Dialog does not show up under the LAN connections. The Phantoms do show up there once they are connected with their IP address.

Did anybody have this kind of behavior or is the Dialog bricked? I am really frustrated right now because this one of hour of listening I had was quite nice  Dodgy
Damn no - never had that, call devialet support up they work US and Europe hours from what I can tell
If its constant white then it is setup. What is exactly the issue?

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
(18-Dec-2016, 13:14)Cosmosound Wrote: If its constant white then it is setup. What is exactly the issue?

The issue is that during Spark setup the Dialog cannot be found. The devices are all connected via Ethernet on the same network. Is it possible that the Dialog is stuck in setup mode and cannot finish it? I have waited several hours but Dialog does not show up during Spark setup. By the way: I have no problem setting one Phantom up as a Solo speaker. That works fine. Only Dialog is not recognized by Spark.
Can you directly connect the speakers and dialog directly to your router via Ethernet? Not sure if you have home wired network. This way you can eliminate any network interference issues as a factor.
(23-Dec-2016, 00:37)kameraguy Wrote: Can you directly connect the speakers and dialog directly to your router via Ethernet? Not sure if you have home wired network. This way you can eliminate any network interference issues as a factor.

Thanks for the suggestion. I already connected all the speakers and the dialog via Ethernet directly with my router but the initial setup was in wifi mode. Since the problem could not be sorted out I will get a replacement Dialog soon. With this new Dialog I will do the whole setup via Ethernet and not Wifi.