Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Airplay allow Phantom to be computer speakers & EQ + Room Correction?
I'm a Windows user so I don't know much about Airplay.  BUT do have a few questions about Airplay. 

1. Does Airplay allow ALL the computer sound to go through Airplay?  Meaning anything that would sound on, say, the headphone jack, will route through Airplay? That would allow Phantoms to function like computer speakers. 

2. Does Airplay also allow Macs to output to Phantom with software driven EQ or room correction? 

IF yes to the two above, my next question would be to wonder whether Airfoil for Windows would allow the same. 

Thanks in advance for any insights.
I know Spotify Connect doesn't allow Spotify EQ to be used

I imagine it will be the same with AirPlay but hopefully not
1. Airplay just transfers the audio/video stream from your computer so all computer sounds could go through it.
2. Airplay on Mac doesn't have room correction and still all the players with EQ will work just fine.

Spotify Connect is working that way because it's not streaming, it's sending a command to spotify client inside the Phantoms to play some track or another.
I use a HEOS bridge and it has EQ correction that works in a limited fashion and also allows RCA in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh wow - so AirPlay equals EQ finally! Assuming your device / software used has EQ settings?

Another reason to buy a new dialogue Smile