Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 1000 Pro boot time ?
(21-Dec-2016, 13:43)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(21-Dec-2016, 10:25)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(20-Dec-2016, 10:51)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Mine boots about 0.002 secs slower in winter. This is a subjective estimate though.

This is most likely because of a phenomenon called the 'stop watch thumb'. This appears to be happening because the joints in your thumb are a little more stiff when the temperature drops. 0.002 seconds sounds about right.

I'd fully agree with you Pim, except I didn't time it - I just guessed.

I don't think time is well enough understood - in general yes, but not specifically the intricacies of how time works within audio signals and hifi devices - where there is still much we do not understand. It's far 'more accurate' to guess.

Pim, Confused: you are a couple of nut cases! (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) Big Grin Wink
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(22-Dec-2016, 02:28)Axel Wrote:
(21-Dec-2016, 10:25)Pim van Vliet Wrote: This is most likely because of a phenomenon called the 'stop watch thumb'. This appears to be happening because the joints in your thumb are a little more stiff when the temperature drops. 0.002 seconds sounds about right.

I don't think time is well enough understood - in general yes, but not specifically the intricacies of how time works within audio signals and hifi devices - where there is still much we do not understand. It's far 'more accurate' to guess.

Pim, Confused: you are a couple of nut cases! (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) Big Grin Wink

That's one of the nicest compliments I've had in a long time. Thank you!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(21-Dec-2016, 10:25)Pim van Vliet Wrote: This is most likely because of a phenomenon called the 'stop watch thumb'. This appears to be happening because the joints in your thumb are a little more stiff when the temperature drops. 0.002 seconds sounds about right.

Eh?  All my posts on this topic have been jolly sensible and of the very highest standard.  The nut job stuff above has nothing to do with me! Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(22-Dec-2016, 07:54)Confused Wrote:
(21-Dec-2016, 13:43)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I'd fully agree with you Pim, except I didn't time it - I just guessed.

Eh?  All my posts on this topic have been jolly sensible and of the very highest standard.  The nut job stuff above has nothing to do with me! Sad

That's always the problem with the naughty kid in class. Even when you have done nothing wrong for once you get blamed  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.