Poll: Would you benefit from an updated remote control app for the Devialet Expert
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
This would significantly improve my enjoyment of the amplifier
54.55%
48 54.55%
This would offer a modest improvement in the enjoyment of my amplifier
23.86%
21 23.86%
This would offer a very small improvement of the enjoyment of my amplifier
11.36%
10 11.36%
This would make zero difference to the enjoyment of my amplifier
10.23%
9 10.23%
Total 88 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you benefit form an updated iPhone / Android Remote App for the Expert range
It occurs to me that the physical remote control for the Expert remains fundamentally unchanged from the days of the first D-Premier amp.  The same is true for the remote app.
Over time the functionality of the amp itself has increased significantly, we now have SAM, adjustment of SAM %, RAM, with 'on the fly' adjustability, DPM, ICM, and so on.  It is also entirely possible that that this range of functionality will increase in the future. 
OK, there is not much that can be done with the physical remote and small display.  However, the remote app could be updated to allow full control of all of the current features, together with a clear display that could indicate all current settings, not just the SAM and RAM stuff, but basic settings like bass and treble.
So here is the poll question.  How much benefit would you get from a decent remote app?  Would it increase the pleasure you get from you Devialet amp?
You might ask what the point of this poll is.  My answer would be that I believe Devialet do read this forum even if the elect not to participate, and if the poll indicates that this would be a popular feature, then this could be extrapolated to adding considerable showroom appeal to the Devialet Pro, more sales and more profit.  Why not? It's a win win! (or maybe, depending on how the vote turns out)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
One of the key things I enjoy about my Devialets has always been the remote control, particularly the fact that it has a rotary volume control not buttons.
I hate using my phone or iPad as a remote, it feels crap. I did appreciate the display being duplicated in the app but not enough to use it after the novelty wore off. I have now disabled it in the configurator and haven't tried it for a year or more.
I have my slave unit on a vertical stand so I can read the display.
I can see maybe using a remote app to dick about with gain and loading on the analogue inputs if I changed cartridge. But I probably couldn't be bothered to change config file Smile
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I've disabled both WiFi and ethernet on my D so I guess you know what I've answered. Smile

Like f1eng I love the Devialet remote! Smile The one thing I can think of that would improve it would be a little screen in the rotary button to mimic the screen on the D.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
This poll might be more interesting than I expected. Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I'm very disappointed in the lack of development in the apps, it's weird they have abandoned them. Lots of the features they have added are crying out to be accessed easily from the listening position, without having to memorise a whole sequence of clicks, and not be able to see what you are doing.

Does anyone use the app to stream music from their phone?

PS I only use the physical remote when I cannot use the app.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(18-Dec-2016, 17:58)Antoine Wrote: I've disabled both WiFi and ethernet on my D so I guess you know what I've answered. Smile

Like f1eng I love the Devialet remote! Smile The one thing I can think of that would improve it would be a little screen in the rotary button to mimim the screen on the D.

I suggested the screen in the remote to support when I first got a D-Premier 5 years ago. I had a reply from engineering some time later saying they had analysed my request and the required 2-way permanent connection would shorten battery life more than 10-fold (iirc) so they had decided not to go ahead.

It would be a considerable mechanical redesign too for the display to remain stationary.

In the end I just thought that since I had never had anything like that on any previous amp what I had never had I couldn't miss!
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

For what it's worth, I absolutely love the physical remote. This became very apparent to me when I tried both Chord Electronics and dCS alternatives to the Devialet. In both cases the remotes were terrible in use, nowhere near as good as Devialet's offering.
The Remote is wery Nice ,but devialet update the Remote we Can use with our smart telefone, ours tabs, it could be good that we Can use bass, treble, and all the funktions ve Can use With your beautefull Remote.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
Please, Please, update the app.  Exclamation

If there is any device which could greatly be enhanced by an app, then it is the dev ....

PS: The remote is awesome.
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
I'm a brutal pragmatist - easier to use the better. My phone's always 'on me', except when fishing.

I prefer to run entire system from phone.

However, if I ever retire - I'm going back to a flip phone!