Poll: Would you benefit from an updated remote control app for the Devialet Expert
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
This would significantly improve my enjoyment of the amplifier
54.55%
48 54.55%
This would offer a modest improvement in the enjoyment of my amplifier
23.86%
21 23.86%
This would offer a very small improvement of the enjoyment of my amplifier
11.36%
10 11.36%
This would make zero difference to the enjoyment of my amplifier
10.23%
9 10.23%
Total 88 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you benefit form an updated iPhone / Android Remote App for the Expert range
The one thing every Devialet owner wants is a remote with a display.
They should have released that a long time ago.
And the Pro series should definitely have had one.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Yes a display would be very nice, but then it need to be connected using bluetooth or wifi to get all data over... maybe also different battery capacity... so complete different design.
I think that the remote app. replicating the physical remote would be a logical upgrade to the app., which hasn't been updated since day 1. So, if you are reading this, Devialet, then please listen to your customers!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
1. Physical remote: New model needed with an OLED display and long battery life to support that display. Plus be able to control all the features as per the current remote.

2. Remote app for iOS/Android: New app needed to simulate all the features of the suggested remote above.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk
Devialet 120 (Firmware v10.0.5), B & W 685 S2 (SAM 100%), Original Devialet Power Cord (UK plug), Belkin F3U133-06 Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Cable 1.8 Metres, Mac Pro 2013, Generic 10 AWG Speaker Cables.
Future Purchase (Hopefully!) : Devialet 120 PreOut Board, B & W PV1D Subwoofer, Chord Clearway Speaker Cables. Big Grin
Perth, Australia.

Why not add a simple e-paper display to the middle of the >D250 remotes. Needs no power in idle only when patterns change on display.
And isn't it possible to just send information if something is moved/pressed on the remote and don't have a permanent conversation of D <-> Remote voiding the battery?
Even a wakeup button like maybe a sligth push on the volume wheel wouldn't bother me if I only could have the display of my D mirrored to the remote.
I would also give them money for that  Wink

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
If the SPARK? App for the new streaming module would include Volume Control - yes. Currently I use JRemote with JRMC 22 and mostly I use the Devialet Remote and not the App.
JRMC/ROON based Media Server - along C.A.P.S V4 Cortes (Win 10 Pro) -> LinkSys 5-Port Unmanaged Switch-> Media Renderer (JRMC; SoTM tx-USBexp, AQ NRG-Y3) ->Transparent AUdio Performance USB-> D220 PRO (AQ Blizzard)-> B&W 804S, Audeze LCD 2 Headphones; Audioquest Niagara 1200+AQ Blizzard; TV ->AQ Carbon Optical->D220 Pro
I guess Devialet has something for the app in plans. Owners of mythical DOS will need an easy way to configure it, browse files etc.
It could be done through web browser, but its not Apple-lik.. sorry not Devialet-like, though.

I am wondering sometimes how is the music streamed from IOS?
While i wish Devialet upgraded IOS app to physical remote's standard, first they need to enable "Background App Refresh" so I can stream music from the app, while doing something else on iPhone.
It is not possible to provide one's own Air driver (similar to OSX or Windows) due to closed nature of IOS. Does Devialet need the app up and running to implement their own Air protocol? Is that why "Background App Refresh" is still not implemented? Would Devialet need to use AirPlay to be able to use the "Background App Refresh"?
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
Like f1eng I love the Devialet remote! Smile The one thing I can think of that would improve it would be a little screen in the rotary button to mimic the screen on the D.
[/quote]

I use both the app and the remote - but mostly the app.  The app could do a lot, lot more than it does and I would say it is a bit of an embarrassment when compared with the superb engineering of the Devialet itself.  

I was never much taken with the remote - and notwithstanding some of the other comments - I saw it as a bit of a "lifestyle" object, part of the "packaging" rather than a serious piece of kit.  I remember when I first wandered into the hifi shop where I ended up buying a Devialet, the first thing the salesman did was to hand me the remote.  I suppose it is meant to convey "solidity" and "styling".
(24-Jan-2017, 23:53)Will Wrote: I use both the app and the remote - but mostly the app.  The app could do a lot, lot more than it does and I would say it is a bit of an embarrassment when compared with the superb engineering of the Devialet itself.  

I was never much taken with the remote - and notwithstanding some of the other comments - I saw it as a bit of a "lifestyle" object, part of the "packaging" rather than a serious piece of kit.  I remember when I first wandered into the hifi shop where I ended up buying a Devialet, the first thing the salesman did was to hand me the remote.  I suppose it is meant to convey "solidity" and "styling".

Hi Will, sorry for you that you never experienced to feel the sound by using the remote ...
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany