Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed with subwoofer problem
(23-Dec-2016, 11:08)yabaVR Wrote:
(23-Dec-2016, 10:38)DelaneyB Wrote: My Atohm V38s subwoofer has arrived, but I’m having a bit of a problem.
I wonder if anyone can help.
Its making a rumbling/cracking sound like distant thunder. Huh
It does it whether is connected to the amplifier/Coax or not. Its also independent of the amplifier volume and quite loud. So assuming its not an amp/cable issue.
I had a loud humming noise initially, but solved that by plugging the sub to the same power strip as the rest of the system (to make sure earth is the same).

The rest of my system is a Devialet 250, Atohm GT1 SE (sources Mac Mini and Rega P3)
Everything else is working fine.
Not sure what this can be.
Thanks
Brendan

Hi Brendan,
if nothing is connected to the sub, just the PC to the power strip, it is most likely that something is broken/loose inside the sub due to transport/fabrication.
Sorry but I think you have to send it back. Make a quick phone call to the dealer before to describe the issue though.

gui

Thanks,
Oh well, that will mean shipping it back to Italy from the UK in the New Year....
Sad
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help needed with subwoofer problem - by DelaneyB - 23-Dec-2016, 12:34