Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Analog inputs not working
I just added a 2nd 220 Pro to my existing 220 Pro and configured as a 440 Pro.   All of my digital inputs are working (USB, ethernet, AES/XLR), but none of my analog inputs (phone or line) are working.   I believe I've got it all configured correctly.    No sound when source is set to my line input or my phono (both were working with just the 220 Pro).

Anyone seen this before?  Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?   I've also submitted a trouble ticket but hoping that I'm just doing something dumb.

I should ask while I'm at it... when configuring a 440, each box gets a separate config, correct? 

While I've had a 200 & then 220 for months now (and think I know the config well), this is my first effort at configuring two as a 440 Pro so it is possible that I'm just doing something dumb.  What has me puzzled is that digital input via Devialet AIR, USB and XLR input all work perfectly.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Yes there are separate config files for master and slave which must be downloaded to the appropriate SD cards.
Are your analogue inputs connected to the master or slave?
None of the slave inputs work without the 3.5mm jack link cable as well as the digital link between the two.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(23-Dec-2016, 17:18)f1eng Wrote: Yes there are separate config files for master and slave which must be downloaded to the appropriate SD cards.
None of the slave inputs work without the 3.5mm jack link cable as well as the digital link between the two.

Good about the SD cards because that's what I'm doing.  And yes, all inputs are on the Master configured exactly as I did when it was just a 220 Pro.  Not using the link cable.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Durham, NC USA
(23-Dec-2016, 17:32)mdconnelly Wrote:
(23-Dec-2016, 17:18)f1eng Wrote: Yes there are separate config files for master and slave which must be downloaded to the appropriate SD cards.

Good about the SD cards because that's what I'm doing.  And yes, all inputs are on the Master configured exactly as I did when it was just a 220 Pro.  Not using the link cable.

Sorry, in that case I am as mystified as you are. When you select one of the analogue inputs does it show up with the name you gave it in the configurator in the display?

I don't know how familiar you are with the Devialet but just in case you aren't here is something you may not have tried.
Hold down the right hand button on the remote until the amp summary appears on the display. Scrolling through these pages using the left or right remote button shows many interesting details, including how many inputs are configured and how.

I often leave mine on the level meter page, it is disappointing how many recent recordings are up against the limiter Sad
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Just in case : when I updated to 10.0.5, the analog inputs (phono and cd) unexpectedely swapped their positions so none of them worked until I realised on the configurator that phono had become Cd and cd phono ! I did the right plugging and everything worked fine.
Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution
(23-Dec-2016, 18:00)f1eng Wrote:
(23-Dec-2016, 17:32)mdconnelly Wrote:

Sorry, in that case I am as mystified as you are. When you select one of the analogue inputs does it show up with the name you gave it in the configurator in the display?

I don't know how familiar you are with the Devialet but just in case you aren't here is something you may not have tried.
Hold down the right hand button on the remote until the amp summary appears on the display. Scrolling through these pages using the left or right remote button shows many interesting details, including how many inputs are configured and how.

I often leave mine on the level meter page, it is disappointing how many recent recordings are up against the limiter Sad

Right, I did check the display and it appears that the line and phono inputs are activated.  

So since I've got two 220 Pros, I tried the same 220 Pro config card in each.   In one, the line and phono work correctly.  In the other they don't.   So there's definitely something wrong when using either of these analog inputs.   I've logged a ticket with Devialet.
Durham, NC USA
I should add that when I use the 220 that has the line/phono problem as the Companion in a 440 Pro config, all works well.    But when I use that one as the Master, line and phono do not work.   So I'm certain there is a problem with that 220, just no clue what it is.   No errors are showing.   I wonder if there's an internal board that could just have come loose during shipping.   I'm hesitant to open it up to check, but if someone here has done so and knows what to look for, I'd welcome the direction.
Durham, NC USA
Case logged back on Dec 23rd, but of course, with the Holidays, haven't heard anything back yet.   Hopefully soon.

If anyone has seen anything like this before, let me know.    Thanks!
Durham, NC USA
Logged this case with Devialet just before Christmas not really expecting much of a response over the holidays. But kudos to Devialet for being quite responsive. Unfortunately, the conclusion is that it must be a hardware problem so back it must go. The good news is they are sending a replacement.
Durham, NC USA