Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect Phantoms to DJ Controller
Hi all,

I just acquired a 2 Gold Phantoms and am looking to connect those to a NI Traktor S4 DJ Controller. The quality will be crappy, but I could use the power of the gold for NYE party :-)

My controller has RCA (3.5mm & 6.3mm) out which I plan to connect to a ANALOG -> DIGITAL Audio converter. The convert then goes into the dialog.

My question is what happens next? How do I make sure everything is cabled as I don't want to have a sound lag while mixing.

Do I need to use an ethernet switch? Does this need to be connected to a network or can they operate separately just with ethernet/optical cables?

Thx for the help

G
Your plan would work with the toslink output connected to the optical input of Dialog, but you need to be careful not to overload the AD converter and thus create digital clipping. You'd hear it immediately as this would sound really nasty.
The latency or lag is unavoidable with Phantoms. All input methods, either via Dialog or direct to one of the Phantoms has the same lag unfortunately. Probably a deal-breaker.....
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Devialet is offering a Phantom with special software with minimal lag. Only the toslink input works. Contact Devialet support for more information.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Just tried everything I mentioned above. It works but sound is awful. Where do I find this software?
(27-Dec-2016, 08:14)gregleo Wrote: Just tried everything I mentioned above. It works but sound is awful. Where do I find this software?

I believe you'd have to order the Phantoms directly from Devialet with the special firmware. You can not perform the change yourself as I think it requires access to hardware. I.e. it is not done via Spark.
Re.: awful sound. Are you certain you're not overdriving the AD converter? Volume setting on Phantoms should be max or quite high.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB