Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark : information losses when uploading folders
In order to listen to my music when I bring one Phantom with me in my secondary residence, I regulary digitize CDs and vinyls for having ".wav" files . For doing it, I use iTunes for CDs and Audacity for vinyls. When I add those folders in Spark, all track information (artist, album title, genre,...) is preserved with vinyl/Audacity files but only title track with CD/iTunes ones, the remainder of the information in Spark being then "unknown artist", "unknown album",.... The problem with that issue is the impossibility to use iTunes digitized folders in Spark memory, playlists,... I must clear those folders after listening, under penalty of a long and unrecognizable "unknown" list to be managed, and bring them back when necessary.
Devices :
2 Gold Phantoms (previously 2 Silver) + Dialog - Denon DCD-SD/300 -
Project Essential II Digital equipped with Ortofon 2M Blue,
Accessories :
Tree, Cocoon, Remote

Lyon - France
I think you might find the problem is with WAV. It's for that reason I went the AIFF way.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(28-Dec-2016, 22:15)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I think you might find the problem is with WAV. It's for that reason I went the AIFF way.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll  take a closer look to that option. This being said, it would mean that it's wav created under iTunes that doesn't work, because I have no problem with Wav created under Audacity .
Devices :
Accessories :
Tree, Cocoon, Remote

Lyon - France
Sad 
It works with AIFF. Now I have to manage hundreds of CDs already converted in WAV !! Undecided
Devices :
Accessories :
Tree, Cocoon, Remote

Lyon - France