Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vivid Audio and Devialet in South Africa
[Image: 10518671_10153324091517178_4213772978610655428_o.jpg]

[Image: 10661903_10153324091622178_8038968849104377_o.jpg]
A must admit, this all looks quite superb! I'm almost tempted to fly out there to take a look. Plus I believe the weather is usually good this time of year. Unfortunately, I'm busy in the windy and rainy UK trying to find a way to get the dual mono Configurator to work.....
They certainly look (and sound) great. I like the matt finishes especially. I currently have the V1.5's but have my eye on the new G4's in the near future.

(23-Oct-2014, 20:26)Confused Wrote: A must admit, this all looks quite superb! I'm almost tempted to fly out there to take a look. Plus I believe the weather is usually good this time of year. Unfortunately, I'm busy in the windy and rainy UK trying to find a way to get the dual mono Configurator to work.....
The Giyas look lovely and the finish is excellent. Had I not just spent lots on my Magicos then the Giyas would be on my wish-list. Devialet use them sometimes at La Maison. As far as I know their designer is ex-B&W and ex-Nautilus from which the Giyas appear to derive.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(24-Oct-2014, 11:41)IanG-UK Wrote: The Giyas look lovely and the finish is excellent. Had I not just spent lots on my Magicos then the Giyas would be on my wish-list. Devialet use them sometimes at La Maison. As far as I know their designer is ex-B&W and ex-Nautilus from which the Giyas appear to derive.

Correct Ian the Vivid designer is Laurence Dickie - who designed nautilus for B&W. He is on record to say that the Giya range is the extension of the nautilus concept - at least one does not need 4 amps like the original nautilus

Vivid Audio is the distributor of Devialet in SA
... regrettably not showing at the HiFi News show - what an oversight
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
It is well worth a visit - the G1 is a marvel .. apart from that , local buyers of Vivid get a substantial discount compared to overseas prices .. maybe you can pick up a bargain here .. There is a set of 2 yr old pristine condition G1's here , going for R190 000
That is GBP 10 500, EU 13 500, or $ 17 200 .. shipping , maybe a $1000 or so - they come in crates...

SA is an amazing place to visit anyway , and if you have eu , gbp and $'s , a real cheap holiday
EG a meal for 2 at a top establishment with 2 bottles of excellent South African wines would cost in the region of R1000 .. which is around 55quid!!!!

As to shows , well the first time I heard the G1's was with 4 devialets and a uberpriced DCS front end , and I was underwhelmed , I would never have bought based on that.. I find show sound very compromised due to venue , room etc...

I have ordered a pair of G1's and devialet (its either a single d premier or a 400) , after listening to Colonel66's system , its in another league compared to the show sound I heard.

I have heard many many systems in my 40+ years in hifi , and this G1/800 system just blows me away.. truly the best sound I have ever heard..I sold some of my car collection , because I HAD to have it.

I am upgrading from Meridian 24/96 DSP6000 speakers with twin SVS sb13 ultra subs , which I considered a real good system , especially in the bass.. Colonels system with just 2 G1's/800 is way better bass wise... and in every other aspect.

I came back after listening to the Vivids , switched on my system , and then realised how sub par it was compared.

Even the baby Vivids , the V1.5 , cannot be beat re SQ etc...
A pair here , 2nd hand , goes for R33 000... (1800 GPB) and for that price , I cannot think of anything that can beat it that's under 5000 quid!!!
I have also heard the G2's , which again , are amazing speakers.. all the review bumpf that's posted , raving about the vivid stuff , is true!!!
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room