Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expert pro temperatures
Hi,

I recently received my 220 pro and have been very happy with the sound quality. I was a bit surprised to find that the operating temperatures are so much higher than they were with the 120 - where the temperatures with the 120 seemed to always be somewhere between 30 to 40, the 220 pro has the A and D amps running at about 42 degrees and the power supply at about 52 even when no music is playing. The amp is placed horizontally with no extra feet. Is this what other Expert pro users are experiencing?
my 1000pro is running cooler than the 800 and other users have reported the same. PS is around 42° after severel hours of playing music at volme -25. DPM is off.
Maybe you have activated DPM on the 120 but not on the 220pro ? But even with DPM on 52° in idle is too much...
Also give it some running time. It's not uncommon for new Devialets to run quite hot.
(02-Jan-2017, 10:58)Vivialet Wrote: my 1000pro is running cooler than the 800 and other users have reported the same. PS is around 42° after severel hours of playing music at volme -25. DPM is off.
Maybe you have activated DPM on the 120 but not on the 220pro ? But even with DPM on 52° in idle is too much...

I have DPM on also in the 220 pro.
You're getting 2 x 100 extra Watts out of the same case so it should be expected to be hotter. The temperatures you mention are nothing to worry about.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(02-Jan-2017, 11:10)Pim van Vliet Wrote: You're getting 2 x 100 extra Watts out of the same case so it should be expected to be hotter. The temperatures you mention are nothing to worry about.

It's not exactly worrying - just hotter than I expected for an amp when it's outputting 0W. I'd be especially interested if someone else has a 220pro and has checked the temperatures?
Hello ekal. I have a 440 Pro and see temperatures of around 33 C (A/D-amps) and 38 C (power supply) on the master when the amplifier is idling, out of standby, but AIR is connected. When the amplifier is playing music at -30 dB (which gives a reasonable listening volume in my set-up) the A-amp goes up to about 40 C, the D-amp to about 35 C and the power supply to about 45 C. These temperatures seem to stick around for quite a long time after the music stops - my amp takes an hour or two to drop back to the idle temperatures, even if it goes into standby.

The companion always seems to be about 2-3 C cooler across the board; that could be just sample variation or maybe it's systematic based on the companion "doing less".
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I was surprised to see that my now 440 Pro (two 220 Pros running as dual mono) is running quite a bit hotter than the stand-alone 220 Pro did.   I'm curious why that would be.   Still, temperatures are within acceptable range.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
For what it is worth my 220 Pro power supply is showing 36-39 C and the D amp 30-33 C.
The A amp depends much more on the volume setting; 42 C at -40 dB to 67 C at 0 dB (no music playing)
Roon -> AIR -> Ethernet ->  D220-> KEF Reference 3
With these differences in temperatures, keep in mind the ambient temperature in the rooms. I notice quite a difference between summer and winter, living in a fibro shack with no insulation.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.