Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet warranty ambiguity...
In preparation to sell my expert 200 I decided to investigate Devialet Expert warranty transferability. The original Limited Warranty as written on Devialet's site very specifically lists the warranty as only applicable to "original end-user for FIVE (5) YEARS from date of original purchase/first-use." Yet in other places on the site it speaks to transfer of warranty without mention in the actual printed warranty. My situation is different due to modification of unit and covered by a 3rd party, ie; dealer/importer but I'm curious how others may have dealt with this issue and if anyone has any first-hand experience with sale of a unit that later required warranty?

Devialet's site specifically mentions how to register a purchased 2nd hand unit as that relates to registration at their site but makes no comment with regard "original end-user for FIVE (5) YEARS from date of purchase." I did run it by a retired lawyer that lives in my building and he said the actual printed warranty is "usually" the governing instrument but there was broad interpretation open to those with deep pockets. He further stated Devialet could literally choose to interpret/enforce it either way on any given day and just because they did it one way yesterday doesn't mean they "have to" do it similarly tomorrow.

I don't fall on either side of this but find it curious/ambiguous.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
I think you need to get in writing from the dealer / importer what kind of guarantee you will get from them, or the new owner would get.

I don't think you / new owner would get Devialet guarantee (transferable or not) because of the modifications.
As I said, I don't personally fall on either side of this issue... doesn't affect me as it relates to Devialet. I'm currently getting the principals involved in my needs and should have everything I need in a day or two. I was mentioning this for forum consumption and looking for experiences from others here that might have been affected thusly one way or the other.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
For what it's worth, I have email from Devialet specifically stating that the warranty is fully transferable.   My guess is that it would not be a problem - right up to the point where it is.... likely dependent upon the reason for needing warranty service.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Hello Manoet,

Normally the warranty is transferable but since you have had the unit modified by third party, Devialet is no longer responsible for any kind of warranty.

//Björn

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
As I've mentioned previously in this specific post and elsewhere this isn't about me specifically nor my situation regarding sale of or if modified vs unmodified but simply and solely
the ambiguity of Devialet's written warranty. I know others have emails and perhaps beyond that some have other info they have personally received from Devialet that is beyond or different to the printed warranty contained on the official Devialet site. I make no value statement related to that. I'm simply pointing out ambiguity in the printed word compared with other evidentiary information offered here by various owners. I've even personally seen on the same site things like how to register a previously registered machine for transfer of warranty which implies 'transferrable.' But then there's the printed warranty in multiple languages on-site and therein lies the "ambiguity" which my original post alludes to. Is it limited to original purchaser only or is it transferrable within the 5 year term?

What do you interpret from within the four corners of the printed warranty after reading in your native language and can you see any ambiguity therein?

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...t-Warranty
Hi Manoet
I'll comment on the contract in French.
The warranty start date is linked to the ate of purchache by the" buyer, the initial user". The warranty is then applicable to the product, and the "user" can claim it.
The warranty is not limited to the sole initial user.
It is applicable to the product for 5 years.

My conclusion is that the right to exercise this warranty is linked to the property of the product at the time of claim, and not to the initial ownership.

Regards
François
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
Devialet' site seems to offer two contradictory warranty transfer conditions-

1. The new owner requires both the original purchase receipt and their own secondhand purchase receipt.
2. Simply register your second hand Devialet online to transfer warranty.

Thirdly, a returned phone call from their support team informed me I need the original purchase receipt as in 1 above.
The dealer who sold the item to me said just register it online.
Members on this forum say the same- register online is sufficient.
Who is right?