Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Lost Recordings Open Event Feb 4th

Picture shamelessly stolen from Twitter ......
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Thanks Confused!

By the way: cables were all Chord, and that's a PS Audio P10 lurking under the turntable, I believe.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Enjoyable evening, but as somebody involved in record player design their shortcomings was the first thing that leapt out at me Sad
I also am quite sure that the original rip of the tape will be the best possible copy since, as the lacquer is made from this, it will be at least one generation worse than that.

It turned out one of the guys from my year at University was there.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(05-Feb-2017, 15:29)f1eng Wrote: Enjoyable evening, but as somebody involved in record player design their shortcomings was the first thing that leapt out at me Sad
I also am quite sure that the original rip of the tape will be the best possible copy since, as the lacquer is made from this, it will be at least one generation worse than that.

It turned out one of the guys from my year at University was there.

Mindful that the Phoenix remastering was performed in 24bit PCM, then yes, the lacquer must be a step backwards.  I can see pros and cons for Devialet simply demonstrating the PCM file.  The advantages would be that it would provide more accurate reproduction and could be played twice or more.  The disadvantages would be a cirtain loss of glamour and sense of occasion, plus you couldn't sensibly charge £6k for a PCM file.

One minor point re Ian's post, the cartridge in the picture looks black to me, the Cadenza Red is indeed red, so I suspect it could be a Cadenza Black, or maybe something else entirely.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12