Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ELAC Discovery streamer and Disqovery Q music server.
If I'm reading this right (including the link), you get "cut down" Roon with the streamer, and full Roon, with lyrics and so on if you pay for the full subscription.

If the SQ is good, say something approaching or matching a Melco N1A, it's a bargain either way. Time will tell.
(11-Jan-2016, 22:20)Confused Wrote: If I'm reading this right (including the link), you get "cut down" Roon with the streamer, and full Roon, with lyrics and so on if you pay for the full subscription.

I'm not quite sure, since its actually running an embedded RoonServer. So, does that mean its a RoonServer that can handle everything if you upgrade licenses, or you'd then need to setup a 'proper' RoonServer as well.  I'm probably asking on the wrong forum I guess! Wink
Time will tell there I suppose.

(11-Jan-2016, 22:20)Confused Wrote: If the SQ is good, say something approaching or matching a Melco N1A, it's a bargain either way. Time will tell.
Definitely.  Same for the SonicOrbiter.  

Such a good time for computer audio, but also so frustrating as everything seems 'just on the cusp' of doing exactly what I want / need (at a sensible price), but each time a piece gets filled in, something else pops up to put a spanner in the works…..

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

More info from Elac.

http://www.audiostream.com/content/elac-...4VQRfH3.97

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/0...-ces-2016/
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Many posts here claim that the Discovery Streamer only runs a limited / cut down version of Roon. (Based mainly on comments from a representative of Roon, which is a pretty good source of information)

However, the comments below this article state it is a full version of Roon. Who's got the correct facts here?

http://www.bristolshow.co.uk/news_detail...ewsid=7217
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I've got a sneaky suspicion the comments on the Roon forum - made by one of the Roon founders - is likely to be the fact.... unless you can pay to upgrade it? I'm sure they'd clarify if you posted over there. Maybe they're not aware of the article?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

After reading the Roon forum, I understand you can buy this server and have access to the full Roon experience by bringing your own licence. Definetively looking forward to it!
New Elac streamer coming this year. Now it is will full Roon licens.

Quote:So to top themselves in 2017, ELAC is introducing the Discovery Q. This time you get a 1-year full Roon subscription (meaning you can now go for that huge library of music), support for anything PCM up to 32/384, support for DSD 64 thru 256, built-in Tidal support, dual USB ports, and Internet Radio. Price has jumped to around $2,000 and the Q should be here the second half of the year, maybe sooner if we're lucky.

Read more at http://www.stereophile.com/content/elac-...iq9skWV.99

[Image: 117cesjfi.elacdiscoveryQ_0.jpg?itok=DdGfyXBq]
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree