Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Silver or Gold? Im a newbie
(10-Jan-2017, 21:52)angenet Wrote:
(09-Jan-2017, 14:48)HelloIf you can afford two Gold, then do not waste your money on Gold.. Instead, get two silvers.. and with the rest of money, get a Roon (Roon lab) Lifetime membership, Buy one raspberry Pi 3 with Hifiberry Digi+ sound card...(hifiberry.com) and you will have the perfect system (troublefree)..with exceptional sound quality.The raspberry Pi and Hifiberry will make your system Roon Ready.. with everything included...  Popplus Wrote: Hello,

Im a complete newbie. Wondering if I should get the Silver or the Gold version.

Not a audiophile guy, will be using it to watch TV, movies, sports, play video games and listen to music through spotify.
I will just get one, so not gonna have it in stereo mode and it will be placed in a 43 square meter apartment.

Will I notice any difference between the Silver og Gold version? Or should I just go for the Silver one.
Thanks for any advice.

If you listen to music through spotify, which is not a lossless format, Gold will not give you a run for your money. Having experienced 2 Silver during one year and now 2 Gold, I can say that the huge difference is when you listen to hi-fi recordings through direct or lossless support (Wav, AIF, Flac).
Devices :
2 Gold Phantoms (previously 2 Silver) + Dialog - Denon DCD-SD/300 -
Project Essential II Digital equipped with Ortofon 2M Blue,
Accessories :
Tree, Cocoon, Remote

Lyon - France

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Silver or Gold? Im a newbie - by Jean-Claude - 11-Jan-2017, 08:58