Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Silver or Gold? Im a newbie
(11-Jan-2017, 10:06)Johnnydev Wrote:
(11-Jan-2017, 08:58)Jean-Claude Wrote: Hi 
Please tell me how you can connect 5 Phantoms located in three rooms in same powerblock?

I have come across various issues with Group play with my five silver Phantoms.. with frequent disconnection from network... the Plc in Phantom do not facilitate group play especially in modern houses like mine with several electrical network zones...

I have been in touch with Devialet and the issue is not resolved.. my only and best  Solution is via Roon which is more stable and with best sound ever...

The only best solution is Roon (Roonlabs.com) and the quality is the outstanding...via the raspberry Pi and hifiberry... even with hi-res files... 

And I do not have any Spotify account.. I have Qobuz Sublime and Tidal Hifi.

thx

If you listen to music through spotify, which is not a lossless format, Gold will not give you a run for your money. Having experienced 2 Silver during one year and now 2 Gold, I can say that the huge difference is when you listen to hi-fi recordings through direct or lossless support (Wav, AIF, Flac).

And i can say that the difference when you connect the pantoms and dialog to the same (unfiltered) powerblock and all connected with cat7 ethernetcables that it gives you the biggest diference you can wish with the silvers.

It was for me an upgrade, i still not can believe, so huge! 

I like them now more then the golds and special with the highest streaming support available (i use qobuz)
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Phantom Silver or Gold? Im a newbie - by angenet - 11-Jan-2017, 21:50