Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA
(14-Jan-2017, 16:11)octaviars Wrote:
(14-Jan-2017, 13:40)Confused Wrote:
(14-Jan-2017, 13:00)octaviars Wrote: Intresting to read about dCS saying they had an only software solution ready but perhaps need to use both software and hardware decoding. I wonder if Meridian really knows them self how others are suppose to handle MQA.....

http://www.dcsltd.co.uk/support/are-you-...pport-mqa/

Not very encouraging is it?  To quote from the link; "This is scheduled for 2016 and we expect to announce more details in the Summer".  So either their website needs updating or it's not going very well. Sad

No but then sometimes highend companys is not the fastest to get new things out, perhaps they have so high standards that it is a bit harder for them to get it done right, a dCS Vivaldi DAC is not a 99 dollar Dragon Fly but hey I might be wrong perhaps they are just slow Cool Big Grin

To me it would be the best if Devialet just came out and told us there will never be Roon or MQA in the Expert amps so one could decide what solution to choose for the streaming. I would like a dedicated computer for my Roon Core perhaps the new Roon Core Kit that runs on Linux but there are two things that is a bit sad that it only runs on NUC as I understand and no internal music storage besides the harddrive for Roon.

dCS was one of the first to implement DSD, so if they stand behind something they can be quick....
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA - by Pim - 14-Jan-2017, 16:53