Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA
I (and I'm sure many others) agree with you Pim - the thing is, some quite bold claims are being made about this format and - depending on who you believe - may or may not be true. It seems at least there's a lot of confusion/truth stretching perhaps. Already 'Master' authenticated files have been shown to be up-sampled redbook.

I guess its two-prong. One is listening to the fully decoded files (and not many people are in a position to do that) and see if they sound better, but also to ascertain if its delivering what it says it is - after all they are downloads predominantly now but may conceivably start being sold in place of other high-res formats in the future if it takes off. I'm glad there are people looking into it TBH - the music industry isn't exactly that trustworthy.

There are a few people on Roon's forums in the multitude of MQA topics there saying that MQA sounds great. But also a lot of loyal Roon users have an affinity with Meridian from the Sooloos days, so not 100% unbiased I'd say.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question to Devialet regarding Roon and MQA - by Hifi_swlon - 16-Jan-2017, 12:10