Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New firmware, Gold got airplay
(11-Jan-2017, 15:48)Olli I Wrote: Ok I must be careful if I buy Apple TV. I have to change volume to minimum on Apple TV before hitting play on movie. Or does volume work the same way on Apple TV as on iphone and mac?

It should work the same if you configure the Apple TV to use AirPlay.
I used to have problems with the optical input on my Dialog (drop outs) and after a series of communications with Devialet I had it replaced with the newer Airplay enabled model. Everything was running fine until the software upgrade today and yes, you guessed it, I now get drop outs on a much more frequent basis. I am slowly reaching the end of my tether with this brilliant but infuriating company.
Forget the damn Cocoons and Geckos etc let's just have a product that works.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
(11-Jan-2017, 20:17)misterpete Wrote: I used to have problems with the optical input on my Dialog (drop outs) and after a series of communications with Devialet I had it replaced with the newer Airplay enabled model. Everything was running fine until the software upgrade today and yes, you guessed it, I now get drop outs on a much more frequent basis. I am slowly reaching the end of my tether with this brilliant but infuriating company.

Did you do a complete factory reset?
I am trying to download the update, and the Spark app keeps telling me that the download failed! Anyone else have this problem?
(11-Jan-2017, 21:59)srima Wrote: I am trying to download the update, and the Spark app keeps telling me that the download failed! Anyone else have this problem?

(11-Jan-2017, 21:59)srima Wrote: I am trying to download the update, and the Spark app keeps telling me that the download failed! Anyone else have this problem?

Yes. I have tried several times this evening and had the same response. Surprisingly the response is almost immediately after pressing 'Download update'.
(11-Jan-2017, 20:27)Johnnydev Wrote:
(11-Jan-2017, 20:17)misterpete Wrote: I used to have problems with the optical input on my Dialog (drop outs) and after a series of communications with Devialet I had it replaced with the newer Airplay enabled model. Everything was running fine until the software upgrade today and yes, you guessed it, I now get drop outs on a much more frequent basis. I am slowly reaching the end of my tether with this brilliant but infuriating company.

Did you do a complete factory reset?

No, I will try it if you think it might help. Thanks.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50

I agree. Devialet is slowly losing its customer base, and once it gets beyond a point of no return, whatever they do, they are toast! Largely, the problem is that they do not understand the importance of reliable software. They keep touting the magic of their hardware, how they hired this explosives expert, and that signal processing person. Forget the physicists and the chemists! Hire good software engineers. Your product relies more on them at this stage than the other experts.
It's working incredibly well on my 3 golds Smile finally I don't need to use spark which is a relief...
I can hear a different when using Spark and AirPlay. Shouldn't they sound the same? It seams spark play music in better quality.
2 x Devialet Phantom Gold / Branch + Dialog
Pioneer KRP-600M 60" Plasma Tv