Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to set sound delay right.
I've been playing between delays of 0 to 40 on my TV and to be honest not sure which one is right as they all feel not 100% accurate in some way. Is there any bullet proof way to set this right? A specific video/sound material that will help do this.

I currently based myself on dialogs of movies and how lips of characters are moving according to what they say. Might not be the best way.
(03-Jan-2017, 14:08)gregleo Wrote: I've been playing between delays of 0 to 40 on my TV and to be honest not sure which one is right as they all feel not 100% accurate in some way. Is there any bullet proof way to set this right? A specific video/sound material that will help do this.

I currently based myself on dialogs of movies and how lips of characters are moving according to what they say. Might not be the best way.

The best way to set the delay is by tennis match
A tennis match is a good way to sync indeed.
You could film your screen in slowmotion with your smartphone to check if your delay is accurate.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
There are test clips to download to test this sort of thing.

Are you delaying the sound or the picture?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
a number of examples - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...delay+test
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but I notice the audio delay can fluctuate, so a hardset delay setting doesn't always work. For me at least, I need to adjust this delay once in a while, most-likely (I guess) due to network performance at that time. I use VLC player so that is quick with keyboard shortcuts.