Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alan Sircom review of Phantom Gold
Thanks Jonny Dev for the tip. Placement of dialogue in a different part of the room to the phantoms makes this tricky but I do plan to try it

I even bought a long and a short Ethernet cable before realising BOTH phantoms and dialogue had to plug into the router together! Sad

The phantoms currently connect to PLC - do you think dialogue still need to be on the same power block as the phantoms?
(14-Jan-2017, 10:00)Jamington2004 Wrote: Thanks Jonny Dev for the tip. Placement of dialogue in a different part of the room to the phantoms makes this tricky but I do plan to try it

I even bought a long and a short Ethernet cable before realising BOTH phantoms and dialogue had to plug into the router together! Sad

The phantoms currently connect to PLC - do you think dialogue still need to be on the same power block as the phantoms?

Hi jamington2004,

When my dialog was not on the same powerblock and the phantoms connected to PLC, the difference was big when i changed that to the same (cheap) powerblock. Before that the sound was good, but a lot better on the same powerblock. The sound became fuller and everything came on the right place (i think a had a little timeshift between the phantoms)

After installing the cat700 and playing to ethernet and not by PLC the difference was huge. Just how i wanted it. I never had before a "high end" sound like that! And the last 40 years i had a lot expensive high end in my houses
(14-Jan-2017, 01:46)MountainGuy Wrote: What about using the golds with your setup?

Your English is just fine. Smile  Though you did spell English unconventionally.  Smile

And just checked the Audioquest Cat 700.  Holy Toledo - it is expensive!

Hi mountainguy,

I think the company’s own DAC embedded in the ADH chip in the golds are better with WIFI and PLC then the silvers and that's why i think the difference with the silvers on ethernet cables is so big

The cat700 forrest is a good improvement and not so expensive 13,75 euro/mtr. and then 2 telekartner plugs a 22,50 euro
Ok so I think they choose first Ethernet - then PLC - then wifi depending on availability / stability

So with that rationale - if I jump straight to full Ethernet between all 3 devices there is no need to have them on the same powerblock I guess?

And I get the best sound according to your experience

Will give it a crack once I find a splitter and report back if I hear the same big jump as you Smile
(14-Jan-2017, 12:16)Jamington2004 Wrote: Ok so I think they choose first Ethernet - then PLC - then wifi depending on availability / stability

So with that rationale - if I jump straight to full Ethernet between all 3 devices there is no need to have them on the same powerblock I guess?

And I get the best sound according to your experience

Will give it a crack once I find a splitter and report back if I hear the same big jump as you Smile

Thanks, i have the D- link DGS 108 as splitter/switch