Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues Mixing Silver and Gold Units...
Received my new Dialog and 5 new GOLD Units. I'm trying to integrated these with my old setup of 5 Silver Units, However getting dropouts even if one of the Silver units is connected. When running just the Gold Units the audio has no issues.

have tried playing via Spark, Airplay, and Bluetooth.. All have the same issue.
Sorry to hear that. I note that I integrate two Golds and two Silvers, and they run without problems whether they are split into three rooms, or one room.
(13-Jan-2017, 19:45)MountainGuy Wrote: Sorry to hear that.  I note that I integrate two Golds and two Silvers, and they run without problems whether they are split into three rooms, or one room.

Hi MountainGuy,
Have you tried Cat7 cables on the silvers testing the sound?
Nope.....never tried Cat7 cables. My wifi has been very stable so I have not felt the need to modify my setup.

As it is, I don't even know how to use the Cat7 cables. Do you mean connect the Phantom to my router? How does one connect FOUR phantoms that way as there's not nearly enough ethernet ports on the router? (Airport Express) Sorry for the basic question.
(13-Jan-2017, 21:07)MountainGuy Wrote: Nope.....never tried Cat7 cables.  My wifi has been very stable so I have not felt the need to modify my setup.

As it is, I don't even know how to use the Cat7 cables.  Do you mean connect the Phantom to my router?  How does one connect FOUR phantoms that way as there's not nearly enough ethernet ports on the router?  (Airport Express)  Sorry for the basic question.

Yes with four it's more difficult

I have also stable WiFi and played more then one year with wifi and PLC
But after replace the dialog and phantoms to the same powerblock (without filtering) the difference in sound became a lot better.

After that i connected everything with audioquest cat 700 and Cat7 ethernet cables
So, from my modem to router, cat 700 then to a D-link switch with also cat 700 and then from te switch with audioquest Cat7 to the dialog and my 2 phantom silvers.

The result is that i blown away with the very much better sound!
It is a huge difference in fuller and correcter sound, everything on the right place, more resolution en a dynamic "high end" sound. More from everything!

I have listened to the golds, but after these changes my choice was that the silvers stayed in my house
Without these changes my choice would have been for the golds

Sorry for my englisch