Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devolo PLC extender - Spark recognises main network, AirPlay doesn't?
Any clever sausage out there can explain this for me?

I bought a Devolo Av500+ PLC extender to improve my wifi connection upstairs 

The main sky router plugs into the main Devolo extender plug - then the Devolo sends the signal upstairs to the extender 

By coincidence this fixed an issue where I couldn't plug the dialogue straight into my SKY router as dialogue wouldnt support it so Spark couldn't see dialogue. I had to use Airport express.

Plugged dialogue into the downstairs devolo plug instead and it works fine - no more airport express yay! Am also able to stay on the main sky network and Spark finds the dialogue ok.

However with AirPlay it doesn't see the dialogue when I am on the main network - and I need to switch to the Devolo network eachtime for the dialogue to be shown in Tidal for example

Any idea why Spark finds the dialogue with the Devolo plug in the middle of the chain - but AirPlay doesn't?

Look forward to any ideas Smile
Not certain it is the case, but it may be related to IPv6.
I remember that I had to turn IPv6 off on my Mac to have airplay to an airport express working reliably.

An other possibility would be that instead of doing Ethernet switching between your two networks you are doing routing, which I don't think the Airplay supports.

My 4 cents Wink

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Ah ha! I have a couple of leads thank you!

Detective jamington on the case....
Hmmm - AirPlay seems to work fine today and recognise dialogue on the extender - when my phone is connected to the main router!

Will put it down to settling down time unless it happens again Smile