Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stick a fork in me - I think I am done!
Finally got round to ethernetting my phantoms together - which seems to have sorted the last SQ issue remaining when using optical on the Dialog.

2 days later got my AirPlay ready dialog and can now use the Tidal app and all the joys that this brings :-

I can control volume and skip tracks on iPhone lock screen
I can pause / mute instantly when the phone rings (rather than 15 seconds waiting for Spark)  
Not to mention it's just a million times better for music surfing!

Also I thought I had lost Radio Paradise after the Internet radio update. But now I can download their app and AirPlay the bejeezus out of it!

So - could it be that my hifi forum journey is finally over and I can just enjoy the music??? 

Ah *%** .... I just realised as I type that I still want some kind of EQ.

Until next time then Smile
My #1 note to Devialet is that they need to eventually provide an EQ capability. Have been mentioning this for over a year. Not unhappy about not having it as they need time to implement but this is critical. Take a peek at the recent Wireless KEF LS50 - comes with a rather impressive range of tonal options.
(18-Jan-2017, 20:36)MountainGuy Wrote: My #1 note to Devialet is that they need to eventually provide an EQ capability.  Have been mentioning this for over a year.  Not unhappy about not having it as they need time to implement but this is critical.  Take a peek at the recent Wireless KEF LS50 - comes with a rather impressive range of tonal options.

You seem to consider that this EQ capability is a question of time for Devialet to implement. Is it a speculation or have you some information about such an intention ?
Devices :
2 Gold Phantoms (previously 2 Silver) + Dialog - Denon DCD-SD/300 -
Project Essential II Digital equipped with Ortofon 2M Blue,
Accessories :
Tree, Cocoon, Remote

Lyon - France
I do not have any information about intention. In fact, internally, Devialet tells me that they have no such plans. However, I feel that eventually the pressure will be such that they will need to.
Just realised Spotify has EQ - so I can have a play with that although I guess it will massacre the sound

Nothing in Tidal though which is my preferred source as I don't need to share with my son!